Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 21 2012
By: SolidusSquirrel Lombax Warrior 164 posts

Downloadable disc-based game question.

1 replies 22 views Edited Mar 21, 2012

I have two PS3s in my home and the user that has the second one wants to play CoD4 and MW2. I was wondering if I were to buy the downloadable versions of the game and download them to both PS3s would I be able to play them on two accounts at the same time? I'm mainly wondering this due to the Spec-ops missions in MW2 but it's a matter of convenience too. It would be a pain to have either console locked from playing a game for 24 hours like Burnout, Warhawk and SOCOM did in the past.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (22 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13988 posts

Re: Downloadable disc-based game question.

Mar 26, 2012

You are not allowed to share Playstation Store purchases with anyone except your minor children.  That's the official Sony policy. You can't play an online shooter on two consoles at once, so there is no reason why an M-rated game purchased by you should be running on more than one PS3 at a time, unless you violated the license agreement.  In addition, I don't think that CoD games allow multiple players to play using the same IP address, so unless each PS3 has a different Internet connection, it may not work anyway.  I've never heard of Sony preventing a particular copy of a game from running on a console, because it was used on more than one at a time.  I didn't think that Sony could even tell which PSN account purchased a particular copy of a game, at least online; and Burnout isn't even a Sony-published title.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (22 Views)
0 Likes