May 01 2013
By: jefXfree Monster Hunter 39 posts

Download list is empty

5 replies 3364 views Edited May 1, 2013
Hello, maybe I can get more help months later and via support.

When the new PS store launched my download list disappeared, that's right, for nearly 6 months I haven't been able to access anything I bought via the store.

I called Sony support and they were absolutely no help. Besides wiping all of my accounts off my systems without my permission, and essentially turning my third PS3 into a paper weight, they accomplished nothing.

+They whipped my accounts and I re-added it to my PS3 and it's still empty.
+I backed up my PS3, formatted, reinstalled and it's still empty.
+My brother added my account to his PS3, he lives in a different state, and it's still empty.

Obviously it's an error with my account communicating with the new store design. I thought the new web store would let me download to my PS3 but my download list on there is empty as well.

The only way I have been able to access stuff I've purchased is via in-game browsing that directs me to the old store layout.

It is absolutely ridiculous that after all this mess, my accounts being limited from 5 to 2 via removal from my PS3s without permission, all the phone calls, all the hours spent erasing/restoring a 500GB hard drive, and waiting 6 months for a potential patch fix I still have to deal with this!

With the PS4 on the horizon i'm seriously reconsidering my purchase.
Message 1 of 6 (3,364 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Download list is empty

May 1, 2013

I hear ya, i noticed the same thing. I had Zen Pinball...gone, my Pool..gone, Pain, Infamous, Little Big Planet all gone. Just left with Angry Birds and yeah now i'm an Angry Bird also. Stuff just gone for no reason is just going to make me think twice before making any purchases online.

Message 2 of 6 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 1, 2013

jefXfree wrote:
Hello, maybe I can get more help months later and via support.

When the new PS store launched my download list disappeared, that's right, for nearly 6 months I haven't been able to access anything I bought via the store.

I called Sony support and they were absolutely no help. Besides wiping all of my accounts off my systems without my permission, and essentially turning my third PS3 into a paper weight, they accomplished nothing.

+They whipped my accounts and I re-added it to my PS3 and it's still empty.
+I backed up my PS3, formatted, reinstalled and it's still empty.
+My brother added my account to his PS3, he lives in a different state, and it's still empty.

Obviously it's an error with my account communicating with the new store design. I thought the new web store would let me download to my PS3 but my download list on there is empty as well.

The only way I have been able to access stuff I've purchased is via in-game browsing that directs me to the old store layout.

It is absolutely ridiculous that after all this mess, my accounts being limited from 5 to 2 via removal from my PS3s without permission, all the phone calls, all the hours spent erasing/restoring a 500GB hard drive, and waiting 6 months for a potential patch fix I still have to deal with this!

With the PS4 on the horizon i'm seriously reconsidering my purchase.

Uh, what did they tell you to do, format your HDD? Its not their fault if you did it without backing important things up. And you can recover accounts...as long as you know the info.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 3 of 6 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

I appreciate your attempt to "help" but you're not understanding what I wrote.

I didn't DO anything at this point. The guy on the phone said, "ok, I removed your account activation from your PlayStation systems; re-activate your system and let me know if it works."

After being furious and demanding my 5 activations back, he "explained" that, "he was sorry" and No, now i'm limited to two active PS3s opposed to the three that I had active.  So although I own THREE PS3s (My room, living room, and kids room) and I had my account/games on those three PS3s after he deactivated them without my permission I can only download my games on TWO of my THREE PS3s.

=============

Anyone know how I can get someone that works with Sony to reply here?  I thought I'd get help from real customer support opposed to random people.

Message 4 of 6 (478 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 2, 2013
This is not a forum frequented by Sony folk. This is a forum for people who use Sony systems to converse. There has never, through all the searching here, been a forum where official Sony employee answer questions regarding issues directly.

If you need help from Sony, you need to call them directly. The only "help" provided here is from other forum members and their experiences.
Message 5 of 6 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 2, 2013

Darn. Thanks... I called Sony at least 5 times about this issue and it still occurs. I never got any help from the. It's ridiculous.

Message 6 of 6 (467 Views)
0 Likes