Highlighted
Feb 22 2012
By: go_noles_00 First Son 1 posts

Does online progress save when switching to a new console without changing your memory drive?

2 replies 83 views Edited Feb 22, 2012

My PS3 was recently stolen. So obviously i don't have the memory drive anymore. Just wondering if my COD info is still where it was when i stopped playing.

Message 1 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41835 posts

Re: Does online progress save when switching to a new console without changing your memory drive?

Feb 22, 2012

Welcome to the Playstation Community.

It depends what you mean by "info", but unless you backed-up your data to an external drive, or you're a PS Plus Subscriber who has the option enabled to save your progress to the "cloud", then yes, your progress will be lost, sorry.

For insurance purposes I would report it to the Police, I would also immediatly change your password if you had auto-sign-in enabled, last but not least cancel any credit card(s) that may have been registered with the unit.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: Does online progress save when switching to a new console without changing your memory drive?

Feb 22, 2012

go_noles_00 wrote:

My PS3 was recently stolen. So obviously i don't have the memory drive anymore. Just wondering if my COD info is still where it was when i stopped playing.

BRIT is correct about the offline game progress. If you mean your online progress, that is saved on the servers. As long as you sign in with the same login information on your new PS3 you will pick up where you left off.

Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)
0 Likes