Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 18 2013
By: Trick1003 First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

Disney Infinity freezing

[ Edited ]
162 replies 14327 views Edited Aug 18, 2013

So I just bought Disney Infinity this morning for my son and am already having problems. It set up fine. We completed the intro without freezing. When we finally got to the Toy Box to start playing the game that is when we had problems with the characters not working. Most of the time to problem was limited to the characters not moving, but the rest of the game was still operating fine. It woudl still talk and other things would move. At one point when it froze the sound stopped working. So I had my son play a couple of other games, he didn't have a problem. Right now he is playing Disney Infinity by himself though, and has been for about 15-20 min. and it hasn't frozen. So the problems we had earlier was when I was playing with him. Not sure if that is making a difference. I sent a message to technical support on the Disney Infinity website also. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: I take it back, it did finally freeze on him. Just later.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 163 (14,327 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: Disney Infinity freezing

Aug 18, 2013

Having the same issue here.  Got through the tutorial fine, but it froze once I picked an adventure from the Toy Box and then after that when we tried another character the character would only walk a few steps before freezing.  Pretty frustrating from a new game.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 163 (14,306 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 18, 2013

At least I'm not the only one. It's weird, because when it gives us problems the characters are even still moving their arms and swinging swords and talking. But no matter what button we press on the controller we can't do anything to the game besides quit it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 163 (14,277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Exactly the same issue.  Checked Twitter and other PS3 users seems to be having the same issue.  I sent an e-mail to Disney troubleshooting as well.  The store we bought it from suggessted we uninstall & re-install and it's working...for now.  But it sounds like yours worked for a while and then stopped.  Fingers crossed!  Maybe they come out with a patch.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 163 (14,272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 18, 2013
And it froze again...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 163 (14,252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 18, 2013

WOW so I am not the only one that has been having this problem. When our game freezes its when i hit start or go to one of those certain boxes where you spawn in the toy box. If anyone has any help or guidance on this issue please post to help us out. I emailed disney as well to see that they say.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 163 (14,249 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Same here. Freezes up, so I nuked all the game and save data, same result.

I'm on 4.46 Sony software now, has my one tries rolling back Sony update to see if it works? Wonder if its Sony or Disney's issue.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 163 (14,245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 18, 2013

Same here. I played last night in the Pirates game and it did not freeze. we played for over an hour. But now when we load up Toybox mode, it freezes every 5 minutes or so.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 163 (14,211 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Aug 18, 2013
Just went GameStop, we played on 4.41 for 15 minutes with no issues. I'm going to go home, try and rollback the update and see what happens.

Stay tuned
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 163 (14,140 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 18, 2013

same issue! so frustrating, i just want to play the game :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 163 (14,103 Views)
0 Likes