Dec 15 2011
By: Talion First Son 2 posts

Digital Games and Online Pass Question

4 replies 1191 views Edited Dec 15, 2011

I am debating purchasing a couple digital games from the PSN store, but am concerned that they will not include the same DLC that is included in a retail copy.  Can anyone tell me definitively if Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One includes the Online Pass if purchased through the PSN store and if Alice: the Madness Returns includes the free Alice Download when purchased digitally.  They are both the same price as their retail counterparts, but I can easily see where this tidbit could be overlooked, especially in Alice's case.

Thank you for your responses.

Message 1 of 5 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39147 posts

Re: Digital Games and Online Pass Question

Dec 15, 2011

Talion wrote:

I am debating purchasing a couple digital games from the PSN store, but am concerned that they will not include the same DLC that is included in a retail copy.  Can anyone tell me definitively if Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One includes the Online Pass if purchased through the PSN store and if Alice: the Madness Returns includes the free Alice Download when purchased digitally.  They are both the same price as their retail counterparts, but I can easily see where this tidbit could be overlooked, especially in Alice's case.

Thank you for your responses.

It should state the information you require in the games description, have you looked in the PS Store at the games & read this?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 5 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 22, 2011

they don't add specific info about the inclusion of online code, I'm at the same point with Dirt 3 and it's ''VIP code'', not sure if I should download it from the store ($30) or get a retail copy (about $45-50 with the shipping to my country), because the online pass costs $10, if its included with the download its a great deal, if not I think its better to get a retail one with some re-sell value (not the main purpose)

Message 3 of 5 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28123 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Online passes are irrelevant for Playstation Store games.  They are not needed, because Playstation Store games cannot be transferred to another PSN account; and the whole point of online passes is to discourage the purchase of previously-played games by effectively making them $10 more expensive if you want all the features.  Whatever you would have received by entering the online pass code from the retail copy, will automatically be added to your downloads list along with the Playstation Store version of the game. You don't need, and will not receive, an online pass code.

GKP
Message 4 of 5 (1,191 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Aug 3, 2012

WRONG!!!

Message 5 of 5 (1,158 Views)
0 Likes