Sep 04 2013
By: jdblade21 First Son 1 posts

Diablo 3 help (w/ crash)

[ Edited ]
17 replies 8794 views Edited Sep 5, 2013

Since Blizzard is passing off all customer support for console onto the consoles instead of fixing their own problems here's mine.

Bought Diablo 3 have logged about 6 hours into act 1 running around killing everything over and over to power level. Get to the end of Act 1 and when it goes to the CGI cut scene my ps3 freezes i let it sit for a little bit after shutting it off thinking maybe the 76degrees its always at in my house made it over heat in a short period of time. I get back on do the corrupt data check n all that get back on Diablo 3 and it says i have corrupt data which may result in loss of money items or character. I clicked ok and i have no data at all. Am i screwed and will never get that character back should i even attempt to play it again?

If so how do i get ahold of blizzard or sony to get a refund because i didn't pay 60 bucks for a game that i can't play/have to start over every few hours and no i don't feel like waiting for them to patch or fix the problem because by then i can get it preowned from gamestop for cheaper. 

I bought my PS3 in February of this year so its only 7 months old at the most. Its in a well ventalated area has a fan on it and its not like i have the PS3 on all the time i only played for 3 hours before this happen and its the only game its happen to. I can play saints row IV, Madden, CoD, Assassins creed 3 and any of my other games for 8-10 hours at a time with no problem except sore thumbs.

Edit: updated thread title to reflect content

U--J

Message 1 of 18 (8,794 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Diablo 3 crashing hard

Sep 4, 2013

Diablo 3 is crashing on my machine so bad that it is unplayable.

First quest every time you enter a new area that prompts a loading screen it either crashes to the PS3 home screen or freezes.

Is anyone else having this problem?

This sucks.

Message 2 of 18 (8,797 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: Diablo 3 help

Sep 4, 2013

My game is crashing too.

I've never had a problem with other games either.

Let me know if you figure anything out.

Message 3 of 18 (8,776 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Diablo 3 crashing hard

Sep 4, 2013
I'm having the same problem on my fat body 40gb ps3. I can't even start the first quest half the time. I already exchanged the disc once, and both discs are freezing my system.
Message 4 of 18 (8,760 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
5901 posts

Sep 5, 2013

Hi all,

If your game is not loading or playing on you PS3 this could be an issue with your console:

Troubleshooting Steps

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/921/

You could try booting in Safe Mode and the "Restore File System" option.  

Other options are listed as well.  I would suggest backing up your data before doing anything like restoring your PS3 to factory settings.

This also may be an issue with the game build itself, so here is the link to Blizzard's support as well 

https://us.battle.net/support/en/

Thanks,

U--J

PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 5 of 18 (8,732 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Diablo 3 help (w/ crash)

Sep 6, 2013
I'm also freezing up when I go into a loading screen such as trying to go into the next area of the tower in heaven.... They should have tested and had all of this fixed before launch!
Message 6 of 18 (8,568 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1053 posts

Sep 6, 2013

This is really an issue blizzard should be addressing but I looked on their forums for you guys, and they specifically say they wont help with console issues, if you have issues on PS3 or XBOX they either send you the the PSN forums or to the Microsoft ones depending.   I will say I played diablo III on my computer when it came out awhile back and it was glitchy then.  It took several months before they got it working to a point that it was really playable, at least until they opened the real money auction house and then it went back to crap because of how many people were online. 

There isnt much anyone here can do about it, Sony didnt make the game, Blizzard did.   If you have an issue with it I suggest you write blizzard an email about it or try contacting them directly by phone.  If anyone finds a solution please post it as it seems this is a common issue with the game, but honestly its probably a software issue.

Message 7 of 18 (8,549 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Is happening to me too, now im playing somehow the game gets frozen and i have to turn it off manually, and i dont think is the console because i just watched a movie and nothing happened there's has to be something with the game itself.

Message 8 of 18 (8,519 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 9, 2013
Mine has froze about 6 times, I've lost 2 characters and also time played. I had a lvl 20 barb, my game froze but I didn't get corrupted data, but when I started my game back up I was only lvl 9 and lost everything I did. I've stopped playing all together a few days ago. In fact I might get my money back and I've never done that before this game.
Message 9 of 18 (8,272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Sep 9, 2013

Im near the end of Act 2, when I try to enter the palace with my level 26 demon hunter the game freezes on the loading screen and crashes back to the playstation home screen. I have tried going into the door 5-6 times and every time it crashes. 

Message 10 of 18 (8,266 Views)
0 Likes