First Son
3 posts

Diablo 3 Lost Hero

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

So Long story short, I have played a ton of hours, I had a level 50+ in Hell mode, started another Hero and played with a friend. Today I open Diablo 3 and it says there might have been a error with saving or something...Now i have no Hero's and I have to create a new one, so I contact Blizzard, which tells me I need to contact Sony, I online chat with sony, they tell me they dont control the servers and Blizzard dose (I will post that conversation below, I'm **** and Sony is Thomas). So I go to Blizzard and start a ticket for a different issue to get a live chat, they tell me there is nothing they can do and that Playstation Network controls the server, which i specifically asked sony who controls the server and the said Blizzard. So i wanted to go back to Sony, and now the online chat is closed for the night. I would just like my Hero's back or my money back!

Edit: removed chat log due to exposed personal information

U--J

Message 11 of 18 (1,385 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Diablo 3 crashes during Act 2

Sep 9, 2013

I have 2 characters nearing the end of Act 2 on Diablo 3. When I try to enter the palace on either of them the game crashes back to the PS3 home screen. I tried contacting Blizzard and they told me to contact Sony, so I contacted Sony and they couldn't help either.  I am using an oldschool fat 40GB PS3. Is there anything that I can do? Has there been any discussion about patching this because I have heard similar things from other people. I am just trying to figure out if I should wait a few weeks for a patch or just return the game and get my money back while I still can.

Message 12 of 18 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Diablo 3 crashes during Act 2

Sep 11, 2013

Hi everyone, i have posted before my problem the i had with the game diablo, i did everything they told me to do i deleted the game data of diablo 3 and i also went to the store to change the diablo game disc for another one because sony told me that the game could had come with some damage data so i did too and everything was the same, now here is how i fix it and maybe this could help some of you because it helped me.

In the save game data i found i file that i never downloaded with no name nothing something like this:

_uas_20130907... there were more number i just dont want to put all of them, i dont know that much about files and stuff like that but i noticied that all saved game data has a name of the game they belong to and this file didnt have it, so i deleted it and i restore the console and went online and everything back to normal, like i said maybe it could help you maybe not and you should try maybe that file came from someone outhere, check your save game data maybe you have it too and delete it hope this help.

Message 13 of 18 (1,298 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: Diablo 3 crashing hard

Sep 11, 2013

I went through all the options in the safe mode screen.

the last being a full format system restore. 

so now i have a fresh system and it still hasn't fixed the crash problem. 

my system has never had a problem with any other games. original 60gb fat body console.

this seems to be a more widely reported problem now. see links below:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882048796

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882018721

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704530-diablo-iii/67163855

^^this one from gamefaqs is the exact same problem i'm having.

blizzard is directing all issues to sony (not even accepting trouble tickets regarding consoles)

and it seems like sony is directing all issues to blizzard.

i'm stuck in a loop and i'm out 60 bucks for a game that doesn't work.

please help. 

Message 14 of 18 (1,292 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Diablo 3 help (w/ crash)

Sep 14, 2013

I'm starting to get **bleep**. I really dig this game, not gonna lie. But I can't even get out of the **bleep** Field of Misery because the game is crashing just that HARD. The game literally freezes up two minutes into gameplay to the point that I have to get up and do a manual restart. I've uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game, fixed my PS3 data in safe mode, yatta-yatta. Sony, please speak with Blizzard and resolve this problem PRONTO. A $60 big-ticket game like this shouldn't be acting like this. I'm to the point of wanting a refund so I can try a disc-based version to see if THAT finally lets me play for longer than 5 minutes. 

Message 15 of 18 (1,245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Diablo 3 crashing hard

Sep 15, 2013

I am having the exact same problem (constant crashing) and have been through all the options, including the full system refresh and the game keeps crashing.

Everything else is working, so I'm not sure what to do.

I've swapped the disc already so it's not that.

This game should not have been released in this state.  It is an absolute disgrace.

Message 16 of 18 (1,230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Sep 23, 2013
Has anyone had success in addressing all the crashes? Mine is getting worse. At launch I would hard crash at the following spots :

- Act 2 after the Enchantress starts revealing hidden footprints. If I wandered West the game crashed.
- Act 2 trying to enter multiple "inside" dungeon doors until after the first 2 quest sub-sections.
- Act 3 after the Siege breaker boss fight activating the exit door.

Now however it's gotten worse as I'm consistently crashing :

- Act 1 trying to enter the spider queen lair cave.
- Act 1 trying to advance the caravan guy in New Tristam to Act 2. It just crashes at the load screen.
- ANY QUEST NOW in Act 2 won't load. I've tried joining random teams and I'll just crash out even with quests I've completed.

Does anyone know what's going on? Is it my PS3?
Message 17 of 18 (1,117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2013

Same here..now every time I enter any area the game freezes and I have to power off the system. It's fine until the monsters start coming. I can stand there doing nothing but as soon as monsters come and start attacking it freezes.

I allow the system to check and restore files, doesn't work. This has literally never happened with any other game.

I don't have much faith that this will be fixed any time soon either.

Message 18 of 18 (1,101 Views)
0 Likes