Highlighted
Feb 26 2013
By: Tenacious_P911 First Son 1 posts

Demanding Refund, probably cancelling my Plus subscription.

3 replies 181 views Edited Feb 26, 2013

This is ridiculous; I read the terms and conditions and everything, keep that in mind. PSN wrongfully took $9.99 out of my wallet the other day for some Music Unlimited BS program, which I never even wanted in the fist place. In my account management, I specifically clicked NO for the auto-renewal scam. Now I can't get the game I wanted because PSN ripped me off, illegally I might add. Unless I get some sort of refund soon, I'll be meeting with my chief legal councel.

Message 1 of 4 (181 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39432 posts

Re: Demanding Refund, probably cancelling my Plus subscription.

Feb 27, 2013

Tenacious_P911 wrote:

This is ridiculous; I read the terms and conditions and everything, keep that in mind. PSN wrongfully took $9.99 out of my wallet the other day for some Music Unlimited BS program, which I never even wanted in the fist place. In my account management, I specifically clicked NO for the auto-renewal scam. Now I can't get the game I wanted because PSN ripped me off, illegally I might add. Unless I get some sort of refund soon, I'll be meeting with my chief legal councel.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Whhoaahhh slow down there a minute.

Auto-renewal is by default active when one subscrobes to PlayStation Plus or Music Unlimited, it is up to us as customers to turn off the auto-renewal & also un-subscribe from the service, if you failed to do that then you have no arguement, if you say you did BOTH of those things then I suggest you contact Sony customer service using the following number.

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

Moving on from the above, I am confused by your comment about a game you now want not being available because PSN 'ripped you off', I really have no idea what it is you mean by that vague statement, you're going to have to go into more detail for us to understand.

Good luck with instructing counsel!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (169 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Re: Demanding Refund, probably cancelling my Plus subscription.

Feb 27, 2013

If you go demanding you'll get nothing . Rememer this though sony loves $$ . They are also the judge juror and love your money . So if I were a betting man I'd say you loose . SORRY ........

photo BOSTONRED_zps198fa9ed.jpg
Message 3 of 4 (148 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28740 posts

Re: Demanding Refund, probably canceling my Plus subscription.

Feb 27, 2013

Tenacious_P911 wrote:

Your legal threats are as empty as they are amusing, and would not impress Sony even if anyone at Sony that cares read this forum; which they don't.  Let me tell you where you went wrong anyway.  There is no option to not auto-renew subscriptions.  It doesn't exist.  You imagined it by misreading something else. To prevent a subscription from renewing when it expires, you have to cancel it specifically.  What you said no to was auto-funding to renew subscriptions when they expire.  All that declining auto-funding means that that if your wallet does not have enough funds to renew a subscription when it expires (and has not been canceled), then your credit card will not be used to automatically add more funds to pay for the subscription renewal.  If there happens to be enough money in your wallet to pay for the subscription renewal, then the auto-funding option doesn't matter. 

If you sign up for a free trial subscription, and you have no intention of ever paying for the service, then you should use the Services List on your PS3, or the All Media category on the Media tab of the Sony Entertainment Network account management page, to cancel the subscription immediately so you won't be billed when the free trial expires. You can still use the subscription until it expires, even if you cancel it. Sony told you this in some text that you chose not to read when you started the free trial, but clicked a button indicating that you agreed with it anyway.  Whose fault is that?  I'll lay odds that any court you take the case to will say it is your fault. 

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (131 Views)