Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 19 2012
By: Jor-Mun-Gandr First Son 6 posts
Accepted Solution

Delete Previous LAN Profile

4 replies 128 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

3 problems.  One of my difficulties is urgent.

I had to change the password on my wireless network.  I was able to delete the old profile on my PC and my PS Vita but I cannot find the option on the PS3.  I go into the wireless menu.  I select the SSID and press X.  I enter the edit menu.  I have not been able to get past this step. Help?

#2 What can I do so that the PS3 (PS Vita) show up on the network with a device name?  This is not needed of course as I can recognize the MAC but it would be nice.

#3 I cannot remember my 4 digit password for the browser.  How do I reset it?  This is not urgent, but I would like to take care of it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Delete Previous LAN Profile

Sep 19, 2012
For item number 1, are you pressing right on your D-pad to move to the next setting pane? It should give you the option to choose the security scheme and passphrase.

For item number 2, you can change your PS3 System Name in the PS3 System Settings. The System Name controls what your PS3 will show up as to other computers on your network.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (124 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

To reset the parental control password, you have to go to PS3 System Settings > Restore Default Settings. This will clear all of your settings on your PS3. You may have to enter your PlayStation Network ID again and readjust your display and sound settings. Your personal data will not be affected.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/security.html

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

Thank you.  No I was not pressing right.

As for renaming I did rename my PS3. 

Thank you again for helping me with my urgent concern. I guess that only #2 is open because   I have a feeling that #3 is just that my PS3 does not have parental settings and that there is no password.  Sorry.

#2 having the playstation show up in device name is kind of a vanity thing.  I would like it but I can live without it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (117 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Sep 20, 2012
I recall my router doesn't see my PS3 with its device name, but my other computers on the network do.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (103 Views)