Oct 18 2011
By: Gadgetball First Son 1 posts

DNS error code 80710102

3 replies 633 views Edited Oct 18, 2011

I havent been able to log into my accounts for about a week now. I heard some 93,000 users' accounts were hacked and sony locked those accounts as a result. Is this error message I keep getting a result of the hack and lockdown? Anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix so I can log in and play? I'm jonesing lol

Message 1 of 4 (633 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Re: DNS error code 80710102

Oct 18, 2011

Have a look in my FAQ about DNS errors. I doubt it has anything to do with hacking. More likely it's a problem with wireless reception or a poor DNS server from your internet service provider.

Message 2 of 4 (633 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 18, 2011

Yes, I am having the exact same problem for about a week now. Everything else works, but I cannot connect to the PSN network which means, no online games. I just got NHL 12 and would to play wo this it's extra frustrating when you can't get a straight answer. There is something wrong with the server, or more specifically,my account. It is not my router, it is not the dns settins, it has to do, in some way, with the problems from last week. I have yet to see Sony make a statement on this. I heard there was another hack and people were notified, but I haven't recieved anything. I can log into my account online, but not through my PS3. If they were to tell me it's down and won't work, then fine, i'll wait, at least i'd know. But still nothing. Instead i've given up and decided to just abandon my account as I've had to do before, but...go figure, the server is "under maintenance" you can't even create a new account. This is going on day 3 or 4 and still no word, not even a hint of what's wrong, when it will be fixed, or a possible workaround. Is anyone here able to answer just WTH is wrong? Something....ANYTHING...please?

Message 3 of 4 (633 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Oct 18, 2011

What happens if you lug your PS3 to a friend's house and try to connect there?

Message 4 of 4 (633 Views)
0 Likes