Jan 19 2011
By: skyvoltz1 First Son 3 posts

DNS EROR HELP.

3 replies 286 views Edited Jan 19, 2011

Okay, so I recently purchased the 160gb console, and I can't seem to get connected to the network, via wired connection.

I am simply connecting my modem via ethernet to my console. I keep getting the dns error code (80710102). I have tried manually adjusting my settings, tried multiple dns servers, and still yet the same error. Is it easier just to go wireless, via wireless router? Idk.. If someone can please help me it would be very appreciated, otherwise I wasted my money on this console. My ISP is comcast, and I have a cable modem. it's a 20mb connection, so its not slow.. I don't know what the problem is. PLEASE HELP.

Message 1 of 4 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: DNS EROR HELP.

Jan 19, 2011

If you leave your PS3 with the automatic settings, can you use the browser to surf the Internet?

What settings does your PS3 get?  Does it connect to your modem and get an IP Address or doe sit get a privately assigned  IP Address like 169.x.x.x?

Are you using any sort of router, or just connecting the modem directly to the PS3? Have you had the modem connected to your PC as well and are just swapping the cable from PC to PS3?

Have you power cycled the modem, or reset the modem?

Message 2 of 4 (286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 19, 2011

I can obtain my ip, but it wont get through to the dns servers. And I am just using a cable modem, but I have a netgear wireless router being shipped to me soon. And yes, I have tried power cycling my modem, it all hasn't worked. I'm just trying to connect through the modem as of now, but hopefully the wireless router works.. I have never had trouble connecting to the internet on the ps2, but I can't seem to connect on the ps3.. it's really frustrating me. I've had it since last thursday. And i've been trying on and off every other day, but no luck connecting.. And yes, my modem is connected to my pc, I am merely just swapping the ethernet cord. It's a cat5 btw, so it should work.

Message 3 of 4 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Jan 20, 2011

I fixed it, all I had to do is remove my battery from my modem, so it could refresh all the settings. Now i'm on online, thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 4 (286 Views)
0 Likes