Jan 15 2013
By: darkraukon First Son 3 posts

DMC renew license problem

[ Edited ]
6 replies 218 views Edited Jan 15, 2013

Hi, pre-ordered DMC from PSN Store and downloaded it so it was ready for launch, now when I select that icon it says I have to renew my license... What should I do? It disappeared from "My downloads" too... getting frustrated

HELP 

EDIT: Saw someone else on the blog with the same problem, no answer there either though

Message 1 of 7 (218 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Re: DMC renew license problem

Jan 15, 2013

If you look around the forums, you'll see that the game has been delayed.  This is most likely a consequence of that, and you'll probably have to wait until it's fixed with the game upload.

Message 2 of 7 (205 Views)
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2013

yeah I saw but in the poster also mention the costume stuff and so on, which I don't believe was included in the package that I ordered. So I thought they only meant the extra stuff. 
But it's confirmed that everyone that ordered the game through PSN will have to wait playing the game?

EDIT: NVM read it again and it's probably like you said. 
Effin joke

Message 3 of 7 (203 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7215 posts

Jan 15, 2013

darkraukon wrote:

yeah I saw but in the poster also mention the costume stuff and so on, which I don't believe was included in the package that I ordered. So I thought they only meant the extra stuff. 
But it's confirmed that everyone that ordered the game through PSN will have to wait playing the game?

EDIT: NVM read it again and it's probably like you said. 
Effin joke

Actually, looking at it again I think you were right in the first place; I probably got confused reading DLC as DMC Smiley Tongue.  Regardless, I think the game won't be available until the store update today, which will probably be a few hours still.

Message 4 of 7 (197 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Jan 16, 2013

darkraukon wrote:

Hi, pre-ordered DMC from PSN Store and downloaded it so it was ready for launch, now when I select that icon it says I have to renew my license... What should I do? It disappeared from "My downloads" too... getting frustrated

HELP 

EDIT: Saw someone else on the blog with the same problem, no answer there either though

Hi there, 

Have you tried going to the DMC game page on the PlayStation Store and clicking the download button? You don't have to download again, but this should 're-entitle' you to the game and renew your license. 

Please let us know if that doesn't fix the issue. 

Message 5 of 7 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Actually I went into the transaction history and saw that "I haven't paid" for the game even though I got the receit. The transaction was at 0.00kr and status was cancelled. 
So my theory is that since I didn't have the wallet funds (I always add them directly at the time I buy something) and when I pre-ordered, (8th) it said that the money would be transfered around 13th, the game got cancelled due to the lack of wallet funds.
Is this accurate? Cause I tried all the other options including what you just suggested and this is the only idea that would make sense

Also, since I stream games I couldn't exactly wait for it to be fixed (used to it taking a couple of days) so I bought the game "again".
From what I can see I only actually bought it once on my bank account but I will keep an eye on it. Also I lost the free Vergil DLC this way which is kinda sad.
To be honest it can totally be my fault with the whole pre-ordering thing but it would be great to get the free DLC which I believed I had ordered. Could I get a verdict on this?

EDIT: Also it may have been stupid to buy it again yesterday since it makes it harder to search for the initial problem

Message 6 of 7 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
7215 posts

Jan 16, 2013

darkraukon wrote:

Actually I went into the transaction history and saw that "I haven't paid" for the game even though I got the receit. The transaction was at 0.00kr and status was cancelled. 
So my theory is that since I didn't have the wallet funds (I always add them directly at the time I buy something) and when I pre-ordered, (8th) it said that the money would be transfered around 13th, the game got cancelled due to the lack of wallet funds.
Is this accurate? Cause I tried all the other options including what you just suggested and this is the only idea that would make sense

Also, since I stream games I couldn't exactly wait for it to be fixed (used to it taking a couple of days) so I bought the game "again".
From what I can see I only actually bought it once on my bank account but I will keep an eye on it. Also I lost the free Vergil DLC this way which is kinda sad.
To be honest it can totally be my fault with the whole pre-ordering thing but it would be great to get the free DLC which I believed I had ordered. Could I get a verdict on this?

EDIT: Also it may have been stupid to buy it again yesterday since it makes it harder to search for the initial problem

These are the US forums.  The EU store updates on Wednesdays, so you probably will get it today.

Message 7 of 7 (161 Views)
0 Likes