Feb 28 2013
By: Cutlass_Stallion First Son 2 posts

DLC for Marvel vs. Capcom 3

2 replies 142 views Edited Feb 28, 2013

I am trying to find downloadable content for "Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds" for the Playstation 3.  I looked all over the Playstation Network for this game, however I didn't have any luck.  Is the DLC for this game still available?  If so, how would I go about downloading it?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (142 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
27588 posts

Re: DLC for Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Feb 28, 2013

DLC for games is very rarely ever withdrawn from the Playstation Store.  Games have been, but DLC, almost never. Once the game is discontinued from manufacturing, which usually happens in the first few months, DLC represents the only opportunity for the developer and publisher to make additional revenue from the game.  They don't have any incentive to remove it from the Store.  Even years after the game's release, someone might want the DLC; as in your case.

The only DLC released for that game on the PS3 was one costume pack. Capcom saved almost all of the DLC for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. 

GKP
Message 2 of 3 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Re: DLC for Marvel vs. Capcom 3

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

That's not entirely true.  Apparently they released some "Shadow Battle" DLC (I believe at least 10 of them).  Each time I turn the game on, a message prompts me to download "Shadow Battle 10", however there is absolutely no DLC for the game that I can find.  I did download the costume pack and the Jill/Shuma Gorath characters last November, so I know DLC existed for the game at some point.  Should I try contacting Capcom to see what they have to say?

Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)
0 Likes