Mar 01 2013
By: Tresk_ First Son 2 posts

Czech billing address

3 replies 491 views Edited Mar 1, 2013

I'm trying to get set up with the PS Store in the Czech Republic.

I have a completely valid credit card, with funds, but I kept getting a message that my billing details are wrong, and to check everything, and now it seems I'm temporarily locked out as a result of trying different variations on the address to get this useless, **bleep** system to take my money.

Is there any way I can get better information than the store's incredibly unhelpful messages?

Message 1 of 4 (491 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18872 posts

Re: Czech billing address

Mar 1, 2013

Tresk_ wrote:

I'm trying to get set up with the PS Store in the Czech Republic.

I have a completely valid credit card, with funds, but I kept getting a message that my billing details are wrong, and to check everything, and now it seems I'm temporarily locked out as a result of trying different variations on the address to get this useless, **bleep** system to take my money.

Is there any way I can get better information than the store's incredibly unhelpful messages?

Are you Czech, because you sound really American Smiley LOL

Anyways, If you recently moved to Czech Republic & you are trying to update the billing information on your existing PSN account then this wont work. You will need to create a new PSN account for Czech Republic. With this comes the issue that SONY assumes you know the local language. Perhaps, given that this is Czech Republic we are talking about, the software might give you the option to pick between Slovak, Polish or German. If not then I hope you understand Slovak.

The Czech PlayStation Support Contact info is found here

http://cz.playstation.com/support/

For the EU PlayStation Forums

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/?category.id=55

Anyways, enjoy Czech Republic Smiley Wink

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 4 (473 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 1, 2013

Australian, actually.

Also, it's a new account here, set to the Czech Republic, and it's a Czech card.

I'm thinking the standard address format that the store asks for just doesn't match up with the address format here, but there's no way to find out exactly what's wrong. The store just flatly refuses to accept a perfectly valid card.

P.S. Czech is a language. I speak a little, but I chose English on the account setup, and it's locked in now.

Message 3 of 4 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
18872 posts

Mar 1, 2013

Tresk_ wrote:

Australian, actually.

Also, it's a new account here, set to the Czech Republic, and it's a Czech card.

I'm thinking the standard address format that the store asks for just doesn't match up with the address format here, but there's no way to find out exactly what's wrong. The store just flatly refuses to accept a perfectly valid card.

P.S. Czech is a language. I speak a little, but I chose English on the account setup, and it's locked in now.

Look at that Smiley Happy

Ok so then it must be the address format or something else. You got the new PSN account for Czech Rep and a Czech billing address. It should work.

Call this one in and ask tech support about the billing address issue. On the Czech Tech support contact page I previously linked you to, the link under the email address takes you to a page where their phone number located at.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 4 of 4 (454 Views)
0 Likes