Jul 30 2012
By: fjabmc First Son 1 posts

Credit card conflict

3 replies 139 views Edited Jul 30, 2012

I have two PS3s, one in Florida, USA and the other one stays in São Paulo, Brazil. When I'm in the  US, I normally do transactions and add funds to my wallet, but when I will do the same in Brazil, the funds cannot be added to my account, and I don't know why.

I use the same account in both PS3s, the same billing address, everything is the same ! But I cannot buy games in Brazil ! Why ???

Message 1 of 4 (139 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40079 posts

Re: Credit card conflict

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

fjabmc wrote:

I have two PS3s, one in Florida, USA and the other one stays in São Paulo, Brazil. When I'm in the  US, I normally do transactions and add funds to my wallet, but when I will do the same in Brazil, the funds cannot be added to my account, and I don't know why.

I use the same account in both PS3s, the same billing address, everything is the same ! But I cannot buy games in Brazil ! Why ???

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

You cannot add funds or make purchases on an account from outside of your home country.

EDITED: It is rather difficult to add funds to an account from outside of your own country, it's not impossible with PSN cards etc but it is difficult.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 4 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 10, 2012

and what can i do if i am from Dominican Republic and they do not put that option on ''country'' ???? i put USA because that was the closest country D:

Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
40079 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Omart15 wrote:

and what can i do if i am from Dominican Republic and they do not put that option on ''country'' ???? i put USA because that was the closest country D:

I know the DR is not a supported country, whioch sucks for you, adding funds is not impossible but it is troublesome, have you looked into adding funds via a PSN card perhaps, they are available to purchase online?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 4 of 4 (79 Views)
0 Likes