Mar 02 2013
By: Tommygage First Son 3 posts

Credit Card is "Invalid" after using it for over a year...

4 replies 226 views Edited Mar 2, 2013

I have had the same debit/credit card attached to my account for over a year. As of yesterday, all of the sudden my card is not registering valid anymore. I called my bank and they informed me that not only is the account valid, the attempts at a purchase are coming through as a $0.00 purchase. I have confirmed that the address and all of my info is the same. My bank informed me that since it is coming through, the issue has to be on Playstations end. I have attempted use the card via PS3, the Vita and on Playstation's website. I called and spoke to a customer service rep and although she tried to assist me, there was no resolution to this problem.

I do NOT want to have to run to a retailer every time I want to purchase content. I also do not want to go through a 3rd party like Amazon every time I want to purchase something. The way I have done this for over a year has worked out well for me.

I am curious as to if this is a widespread issue and if anyone else has discovered a resolution.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Credit Card is "Invalid" after using it for over a year...

Mar 2, 2013

Same here. Trying to take advatage of the free 3 months for signing up for PS Plus before the promo ends. I have been using the same card succefully for over a year. This time when I try to add funds all I see is "could not add funds to the wallet (np-8132-4)". My bank says everything is fine as well. I've even tried resetting my info and  re-entering everything (twice) and have tried adding funds via my vita, ps3, and pc. This is so annoying. Worst of all, after googling this problem I can see where many people have had this problem in the past, but have yet to see even one solution other than "go buy a psn card."

Message 2 of 5 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24784 posts

Mar 3, 2013

You know Credit Cards expire right? Then you get issued a new one with the same account number but a different expiration date. Has this happened to either of you recently? That's the only tiome a card I had on my account for years stopped working. Updated the expiration date and it's been fine since.

Message 3 of 5 (203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 5, 2013

There is nothing wrong with the card. There is nothing wrong with the dates or the way it is set up. The forums have been lit up with issues just like mine. I have tried every remedy in triplicate. The issue is on Sony's end.

Message 4 of 5 (186 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31570 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Sony changes the criteria for card acceptance regularly, and it is not unusual for a card that worked in the past to stop working.  Almost all of the changes are to accept fewer cards.  Do you have electronic statements and billing?  If your bank never sends you any postal mail, then your billing address may be getting reported as unverified by your bank; in which case PSN may no longer accept the card.  All I can suggest is to try using Paypal.

GKP
Message 5 of 5 (172 Views)
0 Likes