Mar 01 2013
By: Kittie1991 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Country Change

3 replies 341 views Edited Mar 1, 2013

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but my search didn't find the answer I was looking for. I live in Denmark and will be moving to the US soon. Will I have to create a new PSN account there or will I be able to use the same account? It appears my Xbox live account won't transfer because they apparently don't offer that feature due to licensing issues between countries.

If anyone can help me with this I'd be very grateful. Smiley Happy Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (341 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Country Change

Mar 1, 2013

Kittie1991 wrote:

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but my search didn't find the answer I was looking for. I live in Denmark and will be moving to the US soon. Will I have to create a new PSN account there or will I be able to use the same account? It appears my Xbox live account won't transfer because they apparently don't offer that feature due to licensing issues between countries.

If anyone can help me with this I'd be very grateful. Smiley Happy Thank you!

This has been answered before. You don't HAVE to make a US account but if you start buying US discs you'll need a US account if you want to purchase DLC from the store. The Disc and DLC regions must match for it to work.

Message 2 of 4 (338 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 19, 2013

I have just moved to the US from the UK and i have about 10 purchased games from the PSN store. How do I play them if i have to make a new account for the US?

Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24784 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Litezz_0ut wrote:

I have just moved to the US from the UK and i have about 10 purchased games from the PSN store. How do I play them if i have to make a new account for the US?

You don't need to make a new account to play them.

Message 4 of 4 (259 Views)
0 Likes