Apr 18 2013
By: OswaldoNintendo First Son 3 posts

Couldn't cancel my PSPlus due to server maintenance

6 replies 186 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

About 30 days ago I used a Playstation Plus voucher that I've got along with my new PS3 Super Slim system. So, I've decided to think about renewing the PSPlus by the end of the month, depending if the experience was worth it. But there has been this unexpected maintenance to the whole network, and I couldn't cancel neither the auto-funding or the subscription service. Result: on 04/15, I've got this email telling me that funds have been added to my wallet, and that I have paid 20$ for a service that I do not want. I know that I should have cancelled all this stuff earlier, but it's on my rights to cancel the thing 1 hour or 30 minutes earlier, isn't it? 
I couldn't find an email for contacting you guys, so I'll just post it to the forum. Can I do something to have my money back and cancel the 3-month subscription?

Message 1 of 7 (186 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Couldn't cancel my PSPlus due to server maintenance

Apr 18, 2013
i would call customer service but even then i highly doubt sony cares. Trying to dispute an issue myself but have had no such luck. So i bid you good luck but know probably wont work but try it
Message 2 of 7 (181 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

OswaldoNintendo wrote:

About 30 days ago I used a Playstation Plus voucher that I've got along with my new PS3 Super Slim system. So, I've decided to think about renewing the PSPlus by the end of the month, depending if the experience was worth it. But there has been this unexpected maintenance to the whole network, and I couldn't cancel neither the auto-funding or the subscription service. Result: on 04/15, I've got this email telling me that funds have been added to my wallet, and that I have paid 20$ for a service that I do not want. I know that I should have cancelled all this stuff earlier, but it's on my rights to cancel the thing 1 hour or 30 minutes earlier, isn't it? 
I couldn't find an email for contacting you guys, so I'll just post it to the forum. Can I do something to have my money back and cancel the 3-month subscription?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

PlayStation Plus renewals are either $17.99 or $49.99, so I'm a little confused about the $20.00 charge, are you sure it was for PS Plus?

Also the recent maintenance was only for one day, so I hate to sound mean but you had plenty of time to cancel your subscription.

All purchases from the PS Store are generally considered final & no refunds are given, having said that Sony does occasionally give refunds but they are dealt with on a case-by-case basis, I've supplied the contact number at the end of my response for you.

Good luck!

Phone Icon

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific

Please also check out this link for other ways of contacting Sony support: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 7 (179 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29462 posts

Apr 19, 2013

OswaldoNintendo wrote:

but it's on my rights to cancel the thing 1 hour or 30 minutes earlier, isn't it? 

No. It isn't.  Sony does not guarantee that the Playstation Network will be available all the time, or during any particular time.  You are still responsible for canceling the subscription before it renews.  If PSN had been down for weeks that might be a different story, but it was one day, and it was announced well in advance.  You do not have any right whatsoever to cancel at the last minute.  You could have canceled weeks ago, and then waited until the last minute to turn automatic renewal back on, or even renewed manually.  If you wait until the last day to cancel, you are taking the risk that you might not be able to do so in time.  Sony didn't make you do that. 

GKP
Message 4 of 7 (168 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Apr 19, 2013

I guess customer service calls work only for North America or Europe. I'm from Brazil. I think there's a sort of customer service around here but I doubt they'll be able to do anything.

Message 5 of 7 (146 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 19, 2013

Yeah, I know I had plenty of time. Should have done it sooner. And, I said 20$ because I couldn't remember exaclty how much was charged. I just remembered it was about 20 dolars. Well, thanks for the phone number, but as I said on the post above, I don't think it works for my region. :/

Message 6 of 7 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29462 posts

Apr 20, 2013

That is correct.  800 numbers can only be dialed from the USA and Canada. You should be able to use the live chat on the web site though.

GKP
Message 7 of 7 (138 Views)
0 Likes