Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 29 2011
By: iBOCK_ Sackboy 456 posts
Accepted Solution

Content I legitimately purchased cannot be accessed.

6 replies 89 views Edited Dec 29, 2011

I purchased about a dozen digital PSP games and I keep them on my PS3 so I can just transfer them via USB when I want to. The download times via the PSP are really long, so this makes it easier.

However, since the 4.0 update, I have been shut out of my own copies of these games. Any time I try to copy them to my PSP system, it says this:

"This content is not available for use. Sign in with the account that was used to purchase this content, and then select under > to download the content again. To use this content, you must download and then copy it to a device that supports its use."

There are several things incredibly wrong with that statement: These are both my systems, that I own; this is the account I signed in with to purchase these games; I wasn't aware that to keep the content you legitimately own, you have to eventually delete them and re-download periodically. It seems really arbitrary and unnecessary in my opinion.

So do I just re-download over 12GB of games or is there something else wrong here? Has anyone else been experiencing this since the 4.0 PS3 update? Just wondering. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Re: Content I legitimately purchased cannot be accessed.

Dec 29, 2011

I have never tried to us the PS3 to download games to my PSP, I just use Media Go, its free from Sony, and I never have a problem, in fact I downloaded 4 games yesterday.

http://mediago.sony.com/enu/introduction/

Good Luck

Message 2 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Dec 29, 2011

Unfortunately, Sony has not made an OS X client so I can't use Media Go but thank you for the help!

Message 3 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Dec 29, 2011

I would try downloading one of the titles again and see if that works before you queue up all 12GB.

Firmware 4.0 changed how PSP titles are handled by the PS3, so it's possible that you do need to download them again.

Message 4 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Dec 30, 2011

ProfessorTripp is correct.  System 4.0 changed the way that software is stored on the PS3.  Prior to System 4.0, PSP games were installed on the PS3 like other games, but could only be transferred to a PSP. PS Minis and PS1 Classics installed on the PS3 could be transferred to the PSP. Now PSP games are not installed at all on the PS3, and Minis and PS1 Classics can only be transferred if you have the original downloaded file still on your PS3. The installed games can't be transferred to the PSP anymore. I believe that this change was related to supporting using the PS3 to install content on the PS Vita; which isn't available here yet, but is out in Japan.

GKP
Message 5 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 5, 2012

Same issue here: Used to store my games on the PS3 as a kind of backup and copy them to my PSP. Now suddenly it's impossible.The "copy"-option has also disappeared from the Minis and PSOne options. Very annoying.

Thanks for the information gkpama00. This is the reason why digital downloads suck: I will be able to play my retail PS3 games in 10 years, but am not sure if this will also be possible with the digital downloads (servers down, no maintenance,...).

Message 6 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Jan 14, 2012

Thanks so much, guys! I was honestly confused about what was going on with my stuff. I'm really happy I got help.

Message 7 of 7 (89 Views)
0 Likes