Sep 26 2012
By: gvmntcheese First Son 1 posts

Constant disconnection on PSN and XBL using Time Warner!

3 replies 279 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

I have been losing my connection to PSN and XBL every 30 minutes to an hour. The only resolve is to run the connection test on both consoles to reacquire the connection. I do run the consoles at the same time. When 1 is not working, I use the other however, this issue now spans across both platforms. Statically assigning IP's do not work. Level 3 TWC support for 5 weeks. 4 maintenance calls and 3 TWC modem/routers later I am still having this issue. Statically assigning ip's, adding to the DMZ, replacing cables, fittings etc, to no avail. Does anyone have an idea? I have been using TWC's modem/routers (ARISS,UBEE and Motorola to no avail) The only thing I can think of at this time is to do my own routing and just get a standard TWC modem. Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 4 (279 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: Constant disconnection on PSN and XBL using Time Warner!

Sep 26, 2012

It's not just you. I have been having similar problems. I have done all the things you have done and maybe a few more. Trust me when I say, it's not on our end. It has to be on Sony's end. A few months back I wasn't having any of these problems. My network just doesn't one day decide to magically have problems. The PSN on the other hand, well that's a different story..... 

Message 2 of 4 (255 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Been having the same problem with comcast.. Does any one know when or if there is a fix for it??

Message 3 of 4 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I used to have the same issues. I traded out my modem with time warner around 5 times. Had techs come out multiple times. What i ended up doing is putting the modem/router into bridge mode and using my own linksys router for the routing. That solved all my issues. I did this about a year ago, and everything is still working just fine.
Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)
0 Likes