May 17 2013
By: AngelAyla Lombax Warrior 119 posts

Connection - Please help!

5 replies 5075 views Edited May 17, 2013

I have been trying to get an answer to this for almost a year.. PLEASE could someone help me with this??

Ok first things first:

My ps3 is on DMZ. UPNP enabled, ports forwarded, everything is done. My connection is 40mpbs in general, on the ps3 it's usually around 7.0mpbs ALWAYS has been. Upload is usually around 1.4 or so mpbs. Also has been since the beginning. 

For a few years everything worked perfectly. I could talk to people, gaming with people, do pretty much anything. Then in July, WITHOUT changing any settings at all, it stopped working.

I can connect, go on ps home, etc. 

But CERTAIN people I can't chat with. I can't game with anymore.

I know it's on my end because I can no longer connect properly to online games. It takes forever to connect, IF it connects at all.

I KNOW this is a problem with my ps3 because my roomate's ps3 does NOT have this issues, neither do our computers for online gaming. 

I have tried everything I can think of and looked up everything and nothing is working. I've tried calling my isp and Sony who of course blame each other and no one seems to want to help.

So I am asking the community once again in hopes of answers.. please, PLEASE someone help me with this!

Message 1 of 6 (5,075 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Re: Connection - Please help!

May 17, 2013

In July, did anything change as far as how many devices you have connected to your network? (PC's, Tablets, Phones, etc.)

If so, try disconnecting some of them if they are needlessly sucking up bandwidth / and resetting your modem / router.

I saw this issue a few years ago. My friend had too many devices connected in his house hold.

He said once he had disconnected some of them, he was finally able to join game-invites from me.

May have just been a coincidence, who knows. But it is worth a shot.

If this doesn't help, hopefully someone else with have a solution that does.

Good luck!

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 6 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1740 posts

May 17, 2013

If you have the ps3 in dmz you do not need to open ports,thats what dmz is everything is open to the ip you assigned on the router.

First thing to check is the ip matching. Check the ip on the ps3 is it matching on the router dmz setting?

The reason is if you rebooted the router with other devices present the ps3 may be assigned a new ip wich you have to enter in dmz on the router each time this happens.

Thats the only downside of dmz is you have to check ip matching. I do it each time I reboot router.

Close all the ports you have opened.

What type of router model number please?

Message 3 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

May 18, 2013
@HorrorGod Well as I said, nothing changed at all from when it worked to when it didn't work.

We had a lot more devices on the network in the beginning of last year, than we did in July, most were removed entirely.

@Toe_Tag_ I DO need to keep the ports open because like I said, my roomate is also using his ps3 on the router and uses the ports. Only my ps3 is on dmz. The ports are just for his use, so no I won't take them off. If I do his will no longer function properly.

And my PS3 is set to use the same IP everytime. I know how to configure the PS3 and router for that already.

(Actually I'm using a Motorolla Surfboard modem that acts as a router as well, so I'm already connected into the modem.)

And as I stated, my roomate's works perfectly fine, as well as our computers. It's only my PS3 that seems to have an issue.

(No I can't remove the computers from the network, they are also used for work.)
Message 4 of 6 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
271 posts

May 18, 2013
What's your NAT Type?
Message 5 of 6 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

May 19, 2013
It's always at 2. That's never changed either.
Message 6 of 6 (143 Views)
0 Likes