Highlighted
May 23 2013
By: Lilly_Okami First Son 3 posts

Connected to Internet.... Just Not PSN?

2 replies 169 views Edited May 23, 2013

Alright, so I've browsed the internet for a while to get my answer... And now I've come here to share my problem.  As of today, I cannot sign in to PSN on my PS3... It says that it timed out or something. I didn't get an error code, but IF I did I can't remember.

I disabled media servers, then ran a connection test. The IP was found, internet connection was successful, but PSN connection failed.  Any idea why? I didn't do an update or anything... I just turned my PS3 on and boom, this happens.  I've also tried turning the PS3 off and rebooting the modem and the router several times.  I've also checked my firewall settings and the networks I can allow/disallow. "PlayStation Network" was not one of them.  My IP address is currently STATIC, and I don't really know what portforwarding is...

Also, my PS3 hasnt had any problem like this for as long as I've had it, which is about a year.

Is the problem my wireless router or just PSN? I wouldn't really understand how it'd be my router....

So any help? Woman Sad

Message 1 of 3 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Connected to Internet.... Just Not PSN?

May 23, 2013

Ah, nevermind! It suddenly starts working when I try again. Wow. xD

Message 2 of 3 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
237 posts

Re: Connected to Internet.... Just Not PSN?

May 23, 2013

I'm having the same problem... But it seems to work fine for some people and not for others checked my Vita and there were people online but if you check different forums you can see some people can't connect it's a bit weird. Like your's my PS3 has worked fine untill today messed with the DNS but still the same outcome. Me and another person had the same problem on this forum: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Technical/Do-not-update-games/m-p/1899503...

try the fix posted there and see if it works for you.

Message 3 of 3 (163 Views)
0 Likes