Jul 09 2013
By: pmcv_one First Son 2 posts

Comast ISP DNS Error 80710102

[ Edited ]
4 replies 835 views Edited Jul 9, 2013
I am soooo....frustrated and fed up with this DNS error 80710102. I have tried everything online. Whatever information I was able to obtain to resolve this annoying issue. Nothing worked!!! I can't get my PS3 to connect wired or wireless to my comcast router/modem. All my other devices can connect except my PS3

I have disabled the media server.

I have change the DNS settings to multiple settings provided from troubleshooting forums and youtube channels.

I have done a hard and soft reset on my Comcast Modem/Router. I would leave it unplugged. I have tried 10 and 20 min leaving it unplugged. I lalso, left my PS3 unplugged the same time just to see if that would help.

I have disabled and enabled the UPnP

I made sure the IP address, Subnet, and Router were correct.

I contacted PS customer service themselves and couldn't give me an answer. They suggested for me to go to my internet provider(comcast)

Comcast took control of my router and did multiple router resets and other steps to get my PS3 online. Nothing worked!!!

I'm tired of this. This is the first time this has ever happened to me and I am no noob when it comes to troubleshooting, but I'm stumped.

Every time I would try to connect online the PS3 is able to obtain the IP address. Then when it would try to connect online it fails. I just don't get it . Can anyone help shed some light on this issue. All my wireless devices is able to connect except my PS3
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (835 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Comast ISP DNS Error 80710102

Jul 11, 2013
I am having the exact same issue. It just started today.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (803 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: DNS Error 80710102 \\ 2013

Jul 14, 2013

You're not the only one who complains about this problem, I have this error  since 3 weeks  I've tried all the solutions found here and  did not work

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (781 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18291 posts

Jul 14, 2013

A DNS error is a DNS issue. A DNS error will not get solved by turning on/off UPnP, media server, etc.  In order to by pass an ISP's failed DNS server, as end-users, all we can do is: change our network's DNS IPs to more reality & secure DNS service OR wait for your ISP to solve their DNS servers issue.

I personally use OpenDNS and I've never experience any DNS downtime.

With that said error 80710102 stands for: Issue connecting online.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3935/kw/80710102

If you are doing a manual setup make sure you are entering the right network information.

PS3 Network Setup Wizard

https://support.us.playstation.com/euf/assets/flash/ps3networkxmb.swf

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (771 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 27, 2013
i will wait for my ISP (( Saudi Telecom Company )) to solve their DNS servers the Worst Internet services company ever. thank you Xuchilbara for Your advice I am grateful to you for your help..
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (721 Views)
0 Likes