Feb 06 2013
By: KC_Masler_Chief First Son 4 posts

Charged for a PSN game, but a network error occurred during purchase and I never received it.

1 replies 130 views Edited Feb 6, 2013

Ok so here's the scoop.  I was buying a game on the PSN store (Final Fantasy Tactics: The Way of the Lion).  As the purchase was going through, it timed out saying a network error had occured.  Long story short, my entire home network went down for some unexplainable reason and I had to restart my router.  After restarting my router, signing back into PSN, and going back to the store, I found that I had been charged the $4.99 for the game (I originally had balance of $10.01 in my PSN account [I bought a $20 prepaid card sometime last year] just before I tried to purchase the game, but after restarting my router and siging back in to PSN, my balance in the PSN store was now $5.02), but the game was still just in my cart and was never added to my library.  Fairly certain that it was the networking on my end that caused the problem, as well as the fact that the game only cost $4.99, I tried to purchase it again and it went through this time and the game is now in my library.  The first purchase does not show up at all in my transactions list on the ps3's account management section, but the second one does.  Is it possible to get a refund or am I just screwed out of $4.99?  Much obliged.

Message 1 of 2 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Re: Charged for a PSN game, but a network error occurred during purchase and I never received it.

Feb 7, 2013

Sorry, "War" of the Lion.

Message 2 of 2 (112 Views)
0 Likes