Dec 16 2013
By: emilianeitor First Son 1 posts

Changing SEN account Nationality

1 replies 382 views Edited Dec 16, 2013

Hi There,

Back in 2006 I bought a PS3 in the USA, I lived there for about 5 years, I Created an American account, but in 2012 I moved to Mexico,  (I have double nationality), so now I want the PS4 but with the new online policy, online gaming is available only with PS PLUS, which means that if I buy a PS PLUS card here in Mexico I won´t be able to play with my American Account, is there anyway I can change the nationality or be able to play with my American account. BTW I think if Sony will be charging for playing online like the competition they should get the same policy about the countries  (doses´t matter where your account is or where you buy cards).

Message 1 of 2 (382 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24514 posts

Re: Changing SEN account Nationality

Dec 16, 2013

Hello and welcome to the Playstation Forums. We aren't Sony employees but we'll do our best to assist you. Don't just disappear when your issue is solved. Someone may need your help some day or maybe you'd just like to socialize in our Off Topic or Home forums.

No you can't change your Country but you can play online with your US account if you have Plus on your Mexican account. You simply set the PS4 as the "Primary" for the Mexican account.

If I’m not a PlayStation Plus member but I log into a PS4 system owned by a PS Plus member, will I be able to play online multiplayer?

Yes. If you don’t have a PS Plus membership, you can still access online multiplayer modes if you log into a PS4 which is set as “Primary” by a PS Plus member. This means that, for example, if one housemate is a PlayStation Plus member, everyone in the household will have access to online multiplayer. Additionally, on the same PS4 system, any games or content purchased by one user are available to other users who play on that console (unless that content has expired).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/#sect8

Message 2 of 2 (378 Views)