Highlighted
Sep 25 2011
By: WhisperGamer Sackboy 552 posts
Accepted Solution

Changed email, no longer can sign in PSN.

7 replies 2356 views Edited Sep 25, 2011

So I recently changed my PSN email because of issues I was having with it, however I am unable to sign into PSN on my PS3 as it gives me the error that I can not sign in using somebody else's account. However, I am able to sign into these forums and my username and account all work. How do I fix this, without having to change my old email back?

Message 1 of 8 (2,356 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21122 posts

Re: Changed email, no longer can sign in PSN.

Sep 26, 2011

You can't directly change the Sign-in ID e-mail account in the PSN sign-in screen on a PS3 or PSP.  For some reason the field is still editable, but if you change even one character, you will always get that error message.  If you changed the Sign-in e-mail address for the account on the same PS3 that you are trying to log in with now, the System would have changed your sign-in e-mail address on the sign-in screen to the new e-mail address for you. If the old e-mail address is still displayed in the sign-in screen, presumably because you changed it somewhere else, then you must use the XMB>Settings>System Settings>Restore Default Settings command to reset your PSN sign-in information; and then Sign Up for Playstation Network again with the new sign-in e-mail.

If you restore the default settings, you will lose any user profile settings such as theme or wallpaper; but your save files won't be affected, and neither will your trophies if you sync with the server before you do it.

GKP
Message 2 of 8 (2,356 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Sep 27, 2011

gkpama00 wrote:

You can't directly change the Sign-in ID e-mail account in the PSN sign-in screen on a PS3 or PSP.  For some reason the field is still editable, but if you change even one character, you will always get that error message.  If you changed the Sign-in e-mail address for the account on the same PS3 that you are trying to log in with now, the System would have changed your sign-in e-mail address on the sign-in screen to the new e-mail address for you. If the old e-mail address is still displayed in the sign-in screen, presumably because you changed it somewhere else, then you must use the XMB>Settings>System Settings>Restore Default Settings command to reset your PSN sign-in information; and then Sign Up for Playstation Network again with the new sign-in e-mail.

If you restore the default settings, you will lose any user profile settings such as theme or wallpaper; but your save files won't be affected, and neither will your trophies if you sync with the server before you do it.

GKP

+1, this is correct.

Message 3 of 8 (2,356 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

Sep 27, 2011

So even encrypted (locked) game files will not be deleted? Such as Assasins Creed (I think) I wont loss my friends or anything either right? Hopefully this works and I don't loss everything! Thanks for the information. (

Message 4 of 8 (2,356 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
21122 posts

Sep 27, 2011

Your save files won't be changed at all.  As long as you sign up with the same PSN account as before (with the new e-mail address), all of your saves will still be usable.  Your friends list and trophies are stored on the PSN servers, and can't be lost no matter what you do to your PS3.

GKP
Message 5 of 8 (2,356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 21, 2011

I was having the same problem, and after reading this page, also reset to original settings. However, my system continues to say I can't log in using another user's sing-in ID. Wait, I think I'm trying to use the account I made for my PSP. That could expain it. Didn't realize it until, my screen name came up on this post.

Message 6 of 8 (2,356 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 2, 2014

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I created a Playstationplus account on my PS4 and when I try to log in with the new account in PS3 I get the same message, that I can not log in using another users account. I have reset my system as said above but the issue persists.

what can i do?

Thanks

jaime

Message 7 of 8 (534 Views)
MVP Support
19808 posts

Mar 2, 2014

tobiansenparalle wrote:

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I created a Playstationplus account on my PS4 and when I try to log in with the new account in PS3 I get the same message, that I can not log in using another users account. I have reset my system as said above but the issue persists.

what can i do?

Thanks

jaime

Good use of the forum search. Thanks.

It sounds like you need to create a new user on the PS3 then log in with the information you used when creating the account on the PS4. Go all the way to the left on the XMB on the PS3 to create a new user.

Message 8 of 8 (531 Views)
0 Likes