First Son
12 posts

Re: Change PSN id?

Jun 12, 2013

I believe with ps4 we are going to be able to display our real names, this will require us to input that name first. If I was you I would just put your desired PSN ID into that new field and call it a day.

Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 118 (1,188 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I guess I will be stuck with my mistake of being a little too excited about Metal Gear Solid 4 forever.. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 118 (1,183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 12, 2013
I wish everything was tied to your email so you could make a new account with same email and your purchases and trophies go with it
Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 118 (1,157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 25, 2013

would be nice to change name so i can keep all the games with playstation plus.  before plus you could just make a new name and it didn't matter.  now it seems this should be an option.  whenever i see the name it annoys me but i want to keep my plus games. would gladly pay for name change like other services.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 118 (812 Views)
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

zezima007 wrote:

they copy'd microsoft with the trophies, why not do the same for the name change ? 

they seem to have all the good ideas, just copy them and make them better

Sony never copied MS, we have Trophies they have achievements.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

trophies are a copy of microsoft achievement points they work the same way you just get one point versus 20-100 points for achievements the acheivements and trophies are the same for each system to earn them as well.  So technically they did copy microsofts idea but modified it so it didnt look the same.  

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 118 (792 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1272 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Just to add Xbox was released before the PS3 so they did copy it from microsoft.
Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 118 (784 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I too find myself wanting to change my online ID. Making a new account wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact that I am currently at level 15 on my trophy progress. I can't bring myself to start all over again to try and get those platinum trophies. I've dumped hundreds, if not thousands of hours into my games and can't let that be thrown away. Hell, I'd pay for an online ID change in a heartbeat.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 118 (649 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 14, 2013
I'd also pay to change my username. I got my PS3 back when I was an E4 in the navy and foolishly incorporated my rate into my username. I've long since advanced past that, but on psn I'll always be a UT3. It's extremely bogus and would set up a new username but, like many others have said, I have no intention of throwing away the countless hours I've spent trophy hunting. Hell, even if I did, some of my games shut down their online modes so I wouldn't even be able to regain some of my online trophies. I love Playstation, have since PS1 and always will, but this is a pretty major bummer. Hopefully PS4 allows username change.
Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 118 (604 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

I wanna change my username

[ Edited ]
Jul 19, 2013
I don't really like my PSN username anymore and I REALLY WANT TO CHANGE IT!!!! And I don't want to make a display name!! I want to change my REAL PSN username!! PLEASE SONY!! PLEASE ADD A FEATURE WHERE WE CAN CHANGE OUR USERNAME!!! I don't like my current PSN username anymore and I want it to be changed so I don't have to make a brand new account, losing all my trophies, game progress, my friends and the content I paid for!!! I can't even copy my Sleeping Dogs to a USB to transfer to a new user!! And also I if I create a new account I would have to buy everything untransferable I paid for again!!! PLEASE SONY!!! ADD A FEATURE FOR US TO CHANGE OUR USERNAMES!!!! NOT PUT UP A DISPLAY NAME!! A REAL NEW USERNAME!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

PLEASE DON'T TAKE FOREVER TO ADD THIS FEATURE!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 118 (636 Views)
PlayStation MVP
10368 posts

Re: I wanna change my username

Jul 19, 2013

04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 118 (619 Views)