Jun 08 2012
By: Autonymous_Rex First Son 6 posts

Castlevania freebies not installing?

2 replies 65 views Edited Jun 8, 2012

Now, I seem to have an issue with all the PSone freebies: The installation files don't go away after the game is installed. HOWEVER, they can be manually deleted, as the start up files install to the "unknown" folder. (this is confusing by itself)

But my main problem is the two recent Castlevania freebies, Symphony of the Night and Chronicles. They seem to install like normal, but never actually create any start up files. It goes through the install process, the progress bar reaches 100% and it says the game is installed. But it isn't. The only file that still remains anywhere on my PS3 is the installation file. There's no start option under the Triangle options, only install. And it will always "go through the motions" of installing, but not actually install.

Message 1 of 3 (65 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Castlevania freebies not installing?

Jun 8, 2012

The install "Bubbles" remain to make transfer to a PSP easier. You can safely delete them after installing.

The games themselves should be in a folder under "Games" on the XMB

Message 2 of 3 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Re: Castlevania freebies not installing?

Jun 11, 2012

The games themselves are not installing. I've owned my PS3 since 2009. I'm familiar with the XMB and where the games *should* be, but they aren't there. Nor are they in any subfolder under the "Games" menu (not in the default "Unknown" folder, or any of the sorted folders (I've made other folders there to sort my games out). In fact, I tried installing them before creating any sorted folders, and tried afterwards as well. They just seem to refuse to install.

Message 3 of 3 (65 Views)
0 Likes