Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 15 2011
By: JayNice5886 First Son 6 posts

Cant sign into my psn account when at my brothers house.

3 replies 33 views Edited Aug 15, 2011

I had done this before and never had a problem, mind you, I haven't been to his house since the whole outage and stuff. Ive done all updates, changed password when promted to when psn came back up. Did something change with all these new updates? Are we only allowed to use our psn accounts with only 1 ps3? Am i not allowed to play online or access any of the content, that i paid for, on another ps3? thanks for any help!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (33 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Cant sign into my psn account when at my brothers house.

Aug 15, 2011

Do you have your own user profile on his PS3, or are you trying to log in with your PSN ID on his user profile? You cannot do the latter. Each local user profile is linked to a particular online PSN ID.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (33 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Aug 15, 2011

i have my own psn id(account) on mine. im trying to acces it on my brothers ps3, as ive done in the pass, but it keeps telling me i have the wrong email or password. i know for a fact i dont.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (33 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14000 posts

Aug 15, 2011

That's not what potatobreath was asking.  Did you create a separate PS3 User (login profile), on your brother's PS3, and then Sign Up for Playstation Network under that profile with your PSN id?  That is the only way that it will work.  The PS3 will not let you log in with your PSN account, using your brother's login profile.  That would mess up your brother's profile. You have to have you login to the PS3 with a profile of your own.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (33 Views)
0 Likes