Jul 15 2012
By: Inocu_lus9 First Son 4 posts

Cant Chat

1 replies 97 views Edited Jul 15, 2012

When I put in a friends on line ID to chat or send a friend request it says ID not regestered.

They get the same message trying to chat with me.

We also can't see each other in Playstation Home.

Help fix.

Message 1 of 2 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Re: Cant Chat

[ Edited ]
Jul 18, 2012

Inocu_lus9 wrote:

When I put in a friends on line ID to chat or send a friend request it says ID not regestered.

They get the same message trying to chat with me.

We also can't see each other in Playstation Home.

Help fix.

Howdy,

Probably the most common error when adding friends is making a typo. Be sure you're spelling their PSN name correctly. I'm not aware of the account name so I don't have advice on what the issue could be besides a possible typo.

As for your own account name; I see it's "inocu_Lus9" - accounts aren't case sensitive. Ask them to add you again and watch for any typos with those characters. They must spell it exactly as it is. Tell them "i n o c u (underscore) L u s 9, all together". That should work.

Other tips:
 * We can only add up to 100 friends, you both will need at least 1 free slot to add eachother.

* Make sure your privacy settings do not block friend request. This can be found under Account Management > Privacy Settings. The "Receive Friend Request" option should say "Anyone".

As for PlayStation Home, there are several servers for each location on Home. You'll need to add eachother so you can use the go-to or invite options. If you've managed to type to them while on PlayStation Home - click X on the ID name then press send friend request. They will need accept the request before you're added.

Another tip: For faster PSHome related support, you should check out the PSHome Support boards part of these forums.

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 2 (87 Views)
0 Likes