Feb 03 2012
By: pghboys First Son 1 posts

Cannot perform PSN Account Management from PC - PS3 version not enough

3 replies 368 views Edited Feb 3, 2012

Hi All,

Account Management question...

After I first completed creating our account on PSN (from my PC), every time I attempt to manage it from my PC, I receive the following error.

"This feature is currently unavailable on us.PlayStation.com. To manage your account,
you may go to Account Management on your PS3 console or call Customer Service.".

This has nothing to do with any schedule maintenance.  It has occurred every time after I created the account.

BTW - I clear my cookies, Temp Internet Files, History and Temp directories on a daily basis, so it's not some cookie-driven issue.

I did not create any sub-accounts when I first created the master account.  Figured I'd get to that after I got the master set up and operating. 

Account Management on the PS3 does not offer a selection for creating sub-accounts, so I'm in a bit of a Catch-22, as I'd like to create a sub-account for my son.  To compound this issue little, due to a disability, I cannot speak so I cannot call Customer Service.  I was going to e-mail them, and have in the past, but decided to try the forum first.

Anyone out there know something I don't?

Thanks a ton!

JRM in Pittsburgh

Message 1 of 4 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: Cannot perform PSN Account Management from PC - PS3 version not enough

Feb 3, 2012

You can create sub-accounts on the PS3. Once your master account is setup on the console, you need to create a new user profile under the Users category all the way to the left on the XMB; then under PlayStation Network you need to create an account for your son. If your master account is setup on your PS3 already under a different user you will get the option of making his account a sub-account.

Message 2 of 4 (368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Dear Professor Tripp,

I set up the following:

1) Master account for PSN on my computer

2) Sub-accounts for each of my kids (confirmed on the telephone with Sony that the sub-users were set up properly)

3) User profiles (on the far left side of the menus)

When I access my daughter's user profile then attempt to register her on the PSN, I received instructions to enter the Master Account login.  Once I did, then I was instructed to input the user ID and password for the sub-account.  However, I received a message that I cannot set up the sub-user...

Any ideas? 

Thanks.

Hawk-i80

Message 3 of 4 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2641 posts

Feb 21, 2012

Go To the Sony Entertainment Network http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/main

and log in with your PS3 info and you can make your sub account from there, it has been that way for almost a year

good luck to you.

"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."
 photo original_1.gif
Message 4 of 4 (368 Views)
0 Likes