Oct 01 2013
By: Warrenfg First Son 1 posts

Cannot download all my content on all of my PS3s.

14 replies 235 views Edited Oct 1, 2013

I currently own 4 systems and Playstation Network only allows me to download my content on 2 of them. They told me I would have to make a new account and repurchase all of my downloaded content to get it on my systems. I think this is dumb and an issue that needs to be resolved. Does anyone know any way I can get my content on my systems without having to purchase it twice?

Message 1 of 15 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

Re: Cannot download all my content on all of my PS3s.

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2013

4 systems in a single household isn't typical... Sony's policy addresses the typical senario

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 2 of 15 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14789 posts

Oct 1, 2013

The amount of PS3's one could use with a single account was higher before certain users abused it. There's no way to circumvent this, friend.

Nothing gold can stay.

Fabulous!
Message 3 of 15 (230 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18781 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Warrenfg wrote:

I currently own 4 systems and Playstation Network only allows me to download my content on 2 of them. They told me I would have to make a new account and repurchase all of my downloaded content to get it on my systems. I think this is dumb and an issue that needs to be resolved. Does anyone know any way I can get my content on my systems without having to purchase it twice?

OP Welcome to 2011.

As of November 18, 2011, the number of devices that can be activated on one PlayStation Network account for game content purchased from the PlayStation Store will be updated as follows:

For game content purchased after November 18, 2011, a new policy will apply and the number of devices that can be activated will be as follows:

• PS3: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PS3 systems.
  • PSP: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PSP systems.

Please note that this update will not affect game content purchased before November 18. The PSP rights include PSP-1000/2000/3000 series as well as the PSPgo system.

PlayStation Network users are able to change the activation setting through each device, and Sony Computer Entertainment plans to provide a new PlayStation Network account management website where users will be able to deactivate particular devices attached to their PlayStation Network account via their PC.

For more details on how to activate/deactivate the devices, please visit here or contact consumer services.

Message 4 of 15 (220 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10346 posts

Oct 1, 2013
Thank those who abused the priveledge by game sharing with others... The limit used to be 5 but because of some idiots assumed that it was so they could game share with friends Sony had to lower the limit
>

Message 5 of 15 (210 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18781 posts

Oct 1, 2013

I don't understand how this is still being brought up. This has been the policy for 2 years. It didn't just all of a sudden affect anyone.

Message 6 of 15 (208 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Warrenfg wrote:

Do you need all the machines to be online?

If not go to each console and deactivate them all.

The two ps3's that will not be connected to the internet you download all the content you want onto them.

Then disconnect them from the internet and make sure they cannot get back on.

Now go to a pc and account managment online and deactivate all ps3 systems.  They are not online so this should not do anything.

Then the two ps3's you wish to use online download your goods to them and enjoy.

Sony gave us 5 actiavtions in the beginning, then stole 3 of them away like total d-bags.  At most should have taken 2!!!

So this is my plan to hopefully get 2 activations back.

Remember you can only deactivate all systems via pc once every 6 months, pay attention!!!

Cheers, and lets give the man the finger all day boi!

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

:smileysad: :smileyhappy:

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 7 of 15 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Oct 1, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

The amount of PS3's one could use with a single account was higher before certain users abused it. There's no way to circumvent this, friend.

Yes there is, lol.

Why not tie accounts to locations?  Any system not at home location for more then "x" amount of hours.......

Sony just caved to devs without really trying to stick up for what they promised us, or tricked us into believing.

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

:smileysad: :smileyhappy:

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 8 of 15 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

Oct 1, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

I don't understand how this is still being brought up. This has been the policy for 2 years. It didn't just all of a sudden affect anyone.

Agreed... move along

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Message 9 of 15 (193 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9023 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Yes there is, lol.

Why not tie accounts to locations?  Any system not at home location for more then "x" amount of hours.......

Sony just caved to devs without really trying to stick up for what they promised us, or tricked us into believing.

How do they do that?  The PS3 has no location service (GPS, etc), and many people do not have static IPs (their IP changes each time they reboot their router/modem) to track by that method.

All if us are paying for the actions of the people who were gamesharing, plain and simple.  If you need an outlet for your anger, there it is.

Message 10 of 15 (190 Views)
0 Likes