Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Re: Cannot download all my content on all of my PS3s.

Oct 1, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Phillyblunzz wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

The amount of PS3's one could use with a single account was higher before certain users abused it. There's no way to circumvent this, friend.

Yes there is, lol.

Why not tie accounts to locations?  Any system not at home location for more then "x" amount of hours.......

Sony just caved to devs without really trying to stick up for what they promised us, or tricked us into believing.

How do they do that?  The PS3 has no location service (GPS, etc), and many people do not have static IPs (their IP changes each time they reboot their router/modem) to track by that method.

All if us are paying for the actions of the people who were gamesharing, plain and simple.  If you need an outlet for your anger, there it is.

When i made an american account they knew I was in canada and wouldnt let me use the video store.  So they know I am in Canada for sure.

Also what of all the talk of tracking people by their IP address?  Cops can do it, even though address can change.

The main thing would be the difference of IP between consoles.

If all 5 consoles are within one household that should be easy to tell.  

If 3 are at one household and 2 at another that also should be easy to tell.

This way you could still take your consoles on road trips as long as the ps3's you have at home are turned off.

This is even better then my first comment on time limits, etc.  Just confirm any consoles online are at the same IP address and that should be fine.

This way you could still game share but would have to take turns and could only ever have one instance running at a time, and so not really game sharing as much as just taking turns playing it.

IMO that would have been more then enough, most people were just sharing COD maps and MP games I would bet so they could play together.

And I'm no tech expert, I'm sure there are tons more ways to confirm all consoles are grouped in a single location.

If I go on my ps3 right now and post some sick illegal stuff, how long till the cops bust down my door?  how do they do that?

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:
"Of course you can. You can do this with the PS3 and the PS4 would not be taking steps back."

Smiley Sad Smiley Happy

Vertigomega wrote:
Being angry that your gaming console focuses on gaming is kind of like being mad that your microwave focuses too much on warming up your food.
But the new model removed the light bulb and timer from the microwave, so now you never know when the foods done, so ends up burnt a lot or undercooked.
Message 11 of 15 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12378 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

Warrenfg wrote:

I currently own 4 systems and Playstation Network only allows me to download my content on 2 of them. They told me I would have to make a new account and repurchase all of my downloaded content to get it on my systems. I think this is dumb and an issue that needs to be resolved. Does anyone know any way I can get my content on my systems without having to purchase it twice?

Do you need all the machines to be online?

If not go to each console and deactivate them all.

The two ps3's that will not be connected to the internet you download all the content you want onto them.

Then disconnect them from the internet and make sure they cannot get back on.

Now go to a pc and account managment online and deactivate all ps3 systems.  They are not online so this should not do anything.

Then the two ps3's you wish to use online download your goods to them and enjoy.

Sony gave us 5 actiavtions in the beginning, then stole 3 of them away like total d-bags.  At most should have taken 2!!!

So this is my plan to hopefully get 2 activations back.

Remember you can only deactivate all systems via pc once every 6 months, pay attention!!!

Cheers, and lets give the man the finger all day boi!

its the people who abused the system thast were total d-bags

>

Message 12 of 15 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12378 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

The amount of PS3's one could use with a single account was higher before certain users abused it. There's no way to circumvent this, friend.

Yes there is, lol.

Why not tie accounts to locations?  Any system not at home location for more then "x" amount of hours.......

Sony just caved to devs without really trying to stick up for what they promised us, or tricked us into believing.

If sony didnt cave into devs and made the change then devs wont be seeing as much of a profit in making games...

this is why gamesharing is bad, lets say they still had the limit of 5,

you bought a game of psn, so the dev sees money from that sale..

however you share the game with 4 of your friends..  that would mean there are 4 people who didnt pay for the game playing the game, that is potential profit that the devs wont get..

now the intention of the limit was intended for only the consoles you have access to, like in the same house... it was most definatly not intended to share with friends..   

>

Message 13 of 15 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
381 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Apple does the same thing with their iOS content. There's only a certain amount of products you can use it on unless you remove authorization on one of them.

Message 14 of 15 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

Phillyblunzz wrote:

BBurgSteve wrote:

Phillyblunzz wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Yes there is, lol.

How do they do that?  The PS3 has no location service (GPS, etc), and many people do not have static IPs (their IP changes each time they reboot their router/modem) to track by that method.

All if us are paying for the actions of the people who were gamesharing, plain and simple.  If you need an outlet for your anger, there it is.

When i made an american account they knew I was in canada and wouldnt let me use the video store.  So they know I am in Canada for sure.

Also what of all the talk of tracking people by their IP address?  Cops can do it, even though address can change.

The main thing would be the difference of IP between consoles.

If all 5 consoles are within one household that should be easy to tell.  

If 3 are at one household and 2 at another that also should be easy to tell.

This way you could still take your consoles on road trips as long as the ps3's you have at home are turned off.

This is even better then my first comment on time limits, etc.  Just confirm any consoles online are at the same IP address and that should be fine.

This way you could still game share but would have to take turns and could only ever have one instance running at a time, and so not really game sharing as much as just taking turns playing it.

IMO that would have been more then enough, most people were just sharing COD maps and MP games I would bet so they could play together.

And I'm no tech expert, I'm sure there are tons more ways to confirm all consoles are grouped in a single location.

If I go on my ps3 right now and post some sick illegal stuff, how long till the cops bust down my door?  how do they do that?

What you are suggesting requires static IP Addresses.  E.g. IP Addresses that do not change on a routine basis.  Static IP addresses are rarely given out by ISPs.  In addition, an IP address is only useful for tracking technologically deficient folk.  It is incredibly simple to use a proxy server, and to set up your router to have it make any access to the PSN servers go thorugh that proxy.  Thereby making it so that it looks like your PS3 is located somewhere else.

I'm not even a technological guru and I already know how to set up a proxy.  I work from home, and access everything through my company's VPN.  When I go to websites which try and see your location, they always show me based upon my VPN location which is nowhere near my actual address.  For the PS3, a punk could easily just have their buddies route the PSN Access to a proxy that spoofs the IP that your systems are set up on.

Face it.  The community was originally given the chance to have their items on up to 5 different PS3s.  The thieves and cheapskates and immoral individuals who used this privilege to steal games and get stuff without ever having to honestly earn it have ruined it for everyone.

QUESTION ANSWERED. LOCKING THREAD

Message 15 of 15 (139 Views)
0 Likes