Mar 03 2013
By: JZ2021 First Son 3 posts

Cannot detect ps2 internal Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 FES

2 replies 312 views Edited Mar 3, 2013

So I downloaded P3FES and was really looking forward to playing it, but everytime I start it up I get a message saying that no memory card (ps2) is detected in slot 1.  This happens BEFORE the main menu.  I have deleted, re-created and tried both slots for my internal ps2 memory card. Currently I have both slots occupied by an internal ps2 memory card. Yet still I receive the same message.  I know this game has had save problems, and I'm curious if i keep trying to save ingame if it will accept it finally. otherwise I'm going to be disappointed that I can't save my progress. Not a game you can finish thoroughly in one sitting.  

Any kind of solution to get p3fes to detect my memory card would be great, and I'll try any suggestions that I haven't already done.  I've also tried reinstalling my ps2 system data, along with p3fes.  I really REALLY want to play FES and I'm already disappointed in the PSN download version.  

Message 1 of 3 (312 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Cannot detect ps2 internal Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 FES

Mar 3, 2013

Also, whenever I start it my controller shuts off and I have to press the PS button.  Not sure if related, just another issue upon running persona 3 FES

Message 2 of 3 (304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Cannot detect ps2 internal Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 FES

Mar 5, 2013

Another update,  tried playing through the first few weeks ingame to see if FES would detect my internal ps2 card, did not.  

Has anyone else experienced this? If so were you able to eventually create a save file for a new game? I do have P3P but I want to play through FES for the experience of the cutscenes and seeing everyone move instead of 2d pictures.  Also I want to play Aigis' epilogue.

Please help? -_u

Message 3 of 3 (279 Views)
0 Likes