Jul 16 2011
By: Gummruchk First Son 4 posts

Cannot add credit card

4 replies 20 views Edited Jul 16, 2011

Ok so I can't access account manager for PSN as it is down for maintenance.  So I was advised to visit Qriocity and it was great I could actually access and edit my account info!!!!  Then I tried to add my credit card, then I tried again, then I double checked card, then I tried again..... this goes on for a while you get the idea....

So I sign on to Magic Online and buy some event tickets just to make sure my card does indeed work.... and as a matter of fact I only had to input the info once.

Now once LONG LONG ago my credit card (no not the same one) wouldn't work for EverQuest and I was actually told by support to set my credit card up stating that I was from Zimbabwee (sp?) and sure enough that made it work..... Any idea if there are any similar work around on PSN/Qriocity??

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5263 posts

Re: Cannot add credit card

Jul 17, 2011

If it's debit it tells you there's been an error and to try again BUT SONY CHARGES YOU FOR EACH TIME YOU TRY. So go check that.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5377 posts

Jul 17, 2011

Great news! This means you card has entered a rare "bank independent" phase. For 1-2 weeks, any charges on your card will not be linked to your account. Go buy whatever you want!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (20 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13173 posts

Jul 18, 2011

The country that you registered as your country of residence when you signed up for PSN must match the country of the billing address of the credit card, otherwise PSN won't accept the card. This is intended to help prevent people from using the Playstation Stores in foreign countries.

GKP
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (20 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 18, 2011

im having this same problem too.  both my account and CC address match but i cant add funds.  crazy this is that they will take the same CC for PSN Plus......WTF is going on!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (20 Views)
0 Likes