Oct 20 2011
By: Slanky First Son 3 posts

Cannot Download Purchased Content - Help

9 replies 143 views Edited Oct 20, 2011

I have multiple items sitting in my Playatation Store download list - PAYDAY Full Game Unlock, 2 Batman Arkham Asylum Bundles, etc. - that when I try to download I get an error - error code 80710102.  I do not get this error when downloaded demos, nor do I have any trouble paying online or getting into Playstation Home.

I have followed all of the suggested actions and have even moved my PS3 into the DMZ on my router but nothing has corrected this issue.  I have PAID content that I cannot access - any ideas?

Message 1 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39147 posts

Re: Cannot Download Purchased Content - Help

Oct 20, 2011

Slanky wrote:

I have multiple items sitting in my Playatation Store download list - PAYDAY Full Game Unlock, 2 Batman Arkham Asylum Bundles, etc. - that when I try to download I get an error - error code 80710102.  I do not get this error when downloaded demos, nor do I have any trouble paying online or getting into Playstation Home.

I have followed all of the suggested actions and have even moved my PS3 into the DMZ on my router but nothing has corrected this issue.  I have PAID content that I cannot access - any ideas?

Hi & Welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

You probably already know this, but the error code you have quoted relates to the PS3 being unable to connect to the internet, what happens when you preform an internet connection test?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 20, 2011

I have done an internet connection test and all the connections suceeded.  I was able to download THE PAYDAY demo after getting the error attempting to download a Costume Quest unlock code and a couple of Arkham City bundles (that were redeemed from codes).  The issue seems to only be with paid content.

Message 3 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39147 posts

Oct 20, 2011

Slanky wrote:

I have done an internet connection test and all the connections suceeded.  I was able to download THE PAYDAY demo after getting the error attempting to download a Costume Quest unlock code and a couple of Arkham City bundles (that were redeemed from codes).  The issue seems to only be with paid content.

Sorry but that doesn't make sense, have you performed an internet connection test "since" your purchase?

Message 4 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 20, 2011

I know it does not make sense.  That is why I am posting about this. 

I have just done another internet connection test and everything suceeded.  Then tried to download THE PAYDAY game unlock and it failed and got the error.  Immediately after that, I was able to start a download of the OKABU demo.  Sent it to download in the background, then tried to download THE PAYDAY game unlock and the Costume Quest game unlock - both failed.  In my Download Management tab, the OKABU Demo is still actively downloading, so I feel quite confident that it is not an internet connection issue.

Message 5 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 20, 2011

I'm having the same problem i can download demos but not any full games or addons.

Message 6 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39147 posts

Oct 21, 2011

Slanky wrote:

I know it does not make sense.  That is why I am posting about this. 

I have just done another internet connection test and everything suceeded.  Then tried to download THE PAYDAY game unlock and it failed and got the error.  Immediately after that, I was able to start a download of the OKABU demo.  Sent it to download in the background, then tried to download THE PAYDAY game unlock and the Costume Quest game unlock - both failed.  In my Download Management tab, the OKABU Demo is still actively downloading, so I feel quite confident that it is not an internet connection issue.

I 100% agree with you, it's not an internet issue, apologies.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with your PS3 either, I'm leaning towards there being an issue with the "system", by that I mean the purchasing/downloading parts, what the answer is though I do not know, sorry, if I think of anything I'll be sure to come back, perhaps others will have some ideas.

Message 7 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Oct 21, 2011

I managed to get mine working by changing the dns servers to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 that fixed all of the issues that i had which seemed exactly the same as what you had maybe you should give it a try

Message 8 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 23, 2011

Just wanted to say that it worked! Thanks so much for the suggestion. I've been trying to download my Batman Arkham City DLC, almost everyday and the same error popped up.

So I hit up my connection settings, and boom! Perfect! Thanks for the fix!

Message 9 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
8 posts

Oct 24, 2011

worked for me as well. gonna post the fix on my other thread.

Message 10 of 10 (143 Views)
0 Likes