Highlighted
Mar 18 2011
By: SyNcRoNiiZe First Son 3 posts

Can't sign in

4 replies 210 views Edited Mar 18, 2011

In whatever new update they released for the PS3, it required you to re-accept the terms of service. Which only a master account can do & I can't remember the sign in ID for the master account to my most important account. I know the password but I don't know the e-mail address.

Any suggentions? The account I lost is called xSyNc- & the master account is called XxReaperZeroxX.

Both are my accounts BTW. The only reason I don't have a user with XxReaperZeroxX as the PSNID anymore is because my original system died & I had to get a new one & start all over.

Message 1 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Re: Can't sign in

Mar 18, 2011

We cannot be of much help here.

You'll have to call Sony (Contact Us link at the bottom under the Corporate section) or remember your e-mail address.  Try any e-mail address you do have, or check your e-mail accounts for PSN e-mails.

Message 2 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 18, 2011

Slightly off topic question. Why the hell do you have to re-accept the terms of service anyway? They weren't expecting that to be anyway inconvenient? If the terms of service have changed, don't they usually send an e-mail notification that there's been a change to the terms of service?

Message 3 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Mar 18, 2011

SyNcRoNiiZe wrote:

Slightly off topic question. Why the hell do you have to re-accept the terms of service anyway? They weren't expecting that to be anyway inconvenient? If the terms of service have changed, don't they usually send an e-mail notification that there's been a change to the terms of service?

You do not have to re-accept the terms.  You have accept the new terms.

They update the terms of service, and you have to agree to those new terms.  Give them permission to spy on you and collect even more data about your system and usage, stuff like that. lol.

No, but seriously, they update the terms and want you to accept the new terms. You do read through them, right?

Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 18, 2011

I read through them the first time, I don't remember every little detail after a while. If I forget something I usually go back & check the terms.

The problem is about last year I remember getting an e-mail notification that there was a change to the terms of service & if you didn't agree to it you could contact Sony to have your account terminated. What changed from then to now? Why do you have to accept them now?

Message 5 of 5 (210 Views)
0 Likes