Aug 02 2013
By: WickedLobstah First Son 3 posts

Can't redeem PS+ 3-Month Prepaid Card

5 replies 699 views Edited Aug 2, 2013

I am looking for some help redeeming a prepaid 3 month card for a PS+ sub. I have already contacted Live Chat who could not help me and told me to call support, I called support and they couldn't help me either. So this is my last chance.

My PS+ subscription ran out on July 30th, 2013, I turned off auto renew because I had a prepaid card. I have been trying to redeem my code since July 29th and each time I get an error code. The code is- 80023102. When I try to redeem the code using the "My account" route I get the error code. If I try to redeem the code through the PSN store I get a box that simply states "An error has occurd" I know the code is good because my PS3 says "this code is good for a 3-month PS+ membership" it's when I click confirm that I get the error code. I also cannot redeem using the Sony Network site as it says "This prepaid code is not redeemable on a PC".

I have never had problems redeeming codes before on my PS3, and everything else works perfectly fine, and yes I have checked to make sure my credit card and billing address is correct and up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (699 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Re: Can't redeem PS+ 3-Month Prepaid Card

Aug 2, 2013
are you sure the card is for your region?
Message 2 of 6 (696 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2013

Yes, 100% positive. I live in the states and bought it from a Gamestop in the States.

Message 3 of 6 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1623 posts

Aug 2, 2013

do you still have your reciept does it indicated the card was activated, did you see the clerk activate it?

Message 4 of 6 (690 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Yeah I saw the guy swipe the card through his register.

Message 5 of 6 (688 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
24784 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Here's the suggested actions for that code.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3929/kw/80023102

Also is there an expiration date on the card? Just because the network acknowledges the card is for a 3 month subscription doesn't mean it's still good. That's why those spam $50 messages still exist. The network recognizes I8PH-CIBD-RK2H as a $50 code but when you try to add it to your wallet you get an error code because it's been used. Go ahead try it but first check for an expiration date. If it's not expired you need to take this up with the store where you purchased the card.

Message 6 of 6 (677 Views)