Oct 31 2012
By: Dalsenni First Son 3 posts

Can't play assassins creed 3. License renewal?

4 replies 622 views Edited Oct 31, 2012

Hey. I pre-ordered AC3 2 days ago, on the 29th, and then I've just been waiting for the "release date". I got to download the game yesterday, on the 30th, but now it keeps saying I have to "renew my license" to be able to play it? I've tried looking in the download list, and I can't seem to find the game, even though I already downloaded & installed it. It does appear in my transaction list however. It's very annoying as I've been waiting all day just to be able to play the game. I've tried everything, deactivating and reactivating my PS3 system, rebooting, logging in & out of PSN. I'm still on the same user as I was when I purchased it, so that's not the problem, and it's not a ps+ error either.

Occasionally I get another error instead of the "license renewal", saying something about copyright error? The error code is 80029513. I also followed the suggjested instructions for that, and it's still not working. I've Paid for the game, and spent hours waiting for it to download, and it's really starting to get on my nerves with all these errors. I should be able to play what I've paid for without going through all this trouble.

So, is anyone here able to help me with that? Before I go bezerk and smash my ps3 system. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (622 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Can't play assassins creed 3. License renewal?

Oct 31, 2012

Same problem here. I checked my email and aparently it failed taking the funds from my credit card. I've checked my PSN settings and for some reason auto-top up is turned off??? I have no idea why because I used it twice on the weekend.

I've turned it back on but it hasn't helped. Whenever I try to launch the game I'm told to renew the licence, but whenever I go into the PSN Store the purchase options are removed for all AC3 content.

So I'm stuck with a 12GB game installed in my system with no way of activating it.

This must be one of the bonuses I get for pre-ordering.

Message 2 of 5 (553 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 31, 2012

i have this exact problem... for some reason it won't even accept my card deets nor any others i try... starting to get really frustrated with this... i haven't made any other modifications to my account except for changing my p/w which i do regularly all the time anyway... -_-;;;

Message 3 of 5 (507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 31, 2012

I'm starting to get really **bleep** at Sony. Tbh we should just team up & sue them, cos this **bleep** can't be legal.

Message 4 of 5 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
18799 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Contact Sony Support

PHONE 800-345-SONY
Mon - Sun 6:00AM - 10:00PM Pacific
7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 5 of 5 (450 Views)
0 Likes