Jan 12 2012
By: chucksstuntman First Son 7 posts

Can't manually sync trophies on PS3... Help?

6 replies 1631 views Edited Jan 12, 2012

I cannot manually sync my trophies to sonys servers through my ps3 since I formatted my PS3. I cannot view my trophies i had for years anymore on my ps3. If you say my trophies must not have been synced prior to this issue, I'll tell you I had them synced very often, after playing every game. I can see them on sonys website completely updated. Also the trophies will not show up on facebook like they always have before. Thats not the issue. It has to do with my account I believe because I have two ps3s, one has my account, the other has someone elses. The other persons syncs perfectly fine using the same wi-fi router. yet my account gets to 8-12% then fails. I tried using my existing account on the other ps3, thinking it was a ps3 issue, but it still stalls at 5% on that system. Yet like I said, the other persons account syncs fine. I have contacted Sony, who apparently don't understand what I'm asking help with. ALL I NEED IS TO BE ABLE TO MANUALLY SYNC MY TROPHIES ON MY SYSTEM BUT CANT. I got told by sony to change my date and time via internet... didnt work. I got told to open ports on my router... didnt work and didnt need to (because that other account syncs fine using same internet aand router.)... I got told how to view trophies by syncing them. so that answer was way off and they didnt read what I wrote apparently. I also last got told how to view trophies online on their site. Kinda sick of Sony not being able to help me. Any actual help would be appreciated. I  am from the US and own a US system and games. I own a slim 120Gb ps3.

chucksstuntman... add me on ps3

Message 1 of 7 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: Can't manually sync trophies on PS3... Help?

Jan 12, 2012

Have you earned any more trophies recently? Sometimes earning a new one fixes temporary sync problems.

Message 2 of 7 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 12, 2012

I have. I've earned probably like 50 trophies by now for uncharted 3, mass effect 2, assassins creed brotherhood, and all the back to the future trophies. Tried to sync them every time and still nothing.

Message 3 of 7 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jan 12, 2012

chucksstuntman wrote:

I have. I've earned probably like 50 trophies by now for uncharted 3, mass effect 2, assassins creed brotherhood, and all the back to the future trophies. Tried to sync them every time and still nothing.

Try deactivating your account for games under Account Management and reactivating.

Message 4 of 7 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Jan 13, 2012

Try here and re sync http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Gurrock

Winner of 8vs8 Starhawk Facebook TournamentImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 5 of 7 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 13, 2012

lol no idea what your talking about Gurrock but i'm gonna try ProfessorTripp's idea right now and post back in a few.

Message 6 of 7 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Jan 13, 2012

Well I just tried your suggestion, which is alot better than sony's suggestion of turning off the system and turning it back on lol.... but it still didn't sync past 9%. heres the error code. (80711008). Sony also later told me to open certain ports on my router through the main computer its connected to. but the thing is, i shouldnt have to because the other account syncs fine. so like i said it has to be something with my account. i really thought your suggestion was going to work lol

Message 7 of 7 (1,631 Views)
0 Likes