Aug 11 2013
By: SG-17 Uncharted Territory 1645 posts

Can't make a new account.

2 replies 161 views Edited Aug 11, 2013

I am trying to make a new account for my brother buy every time I make it to the screen to put in your desired PSN-ID it keeps telling me that either the ID is already taken or that it is invalid when there is nothing invalid with it. I've tried to add these IDs as friends to see if they are taken, but they don't exist.

Is the account creation service down or something?

SG-17SG-17
Message 1 of 3 (161 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40547 posts

Re: Can't make a new account.

Aug 11, 2013

SG-17 wrote:

I am trying to make a new account for my brother buy every time I make it to the screen to put in your desired PSN-ID it keeps telling me that either the ID is already taken or that it is invalid when there is nothing invalid with it. I've tried to add these IDs as friends to see if they are taken, but they don't exist.

Is the account creation service down or something?

If it's a particular PSN ID you're trying sometimes a PSN ID is not allowed for various reasons, even if those reason may not be obvious right now & even though you don't think they break any of Sony's rules, unfortunately you'll have to choose another, sorry.

If you are trying variou PSN ID's & none of them are working then it may be worth while waiting till later to try again.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 3 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Re: Can't make a new account.

Aug 11, 2013
if the email you are using is the same as the psn id you want to use, psn will not accept it. error will read just like someone else has the name already.
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)
0 Likes