Highlighted
Sep 10 2011
By: theoriginalxena First Son 1 posts

Can't log onto psn since Wednesday - even after calling psn support.

3 replies 271 views Edited Sep 10, 2011

I was on the psn about a week ago, but since Wednesday I can't log on. I called support and they just had me re-try things I had already tried - unplug router/modem for 2 minutes and unplug ps3 power cord 2 minutes, and they also had me disable the media server, but no change. I can't figure out what the problem is, because nothing has changed for me, and my internet is working fine.  My ps3 has a wired connection, so its not a wireless issue.  Any ideas? I tried to reset the network settings but the IP keeps timing out, so I can't even get far.  Does it have something to do with their maintenance on Thursday?  Anyone else having trouble?  Also, if it helps, I have version 3.7 software on the ps3, a Westell 7500 modem/router, and Verizon DSL service.  It gives me a generic "i can't connect" error number - 80130182.  I haven't had any trouble since April when the whole psn was down, and I'm out of ideas.  Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4 (271 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39516 posts

Re: Can't log onto psn since Wednesday - even after calling psn support.

Sep 10, 2011

Hi & Welcome to the Playstation Online Community.

A great new Thread just opened up, so rather than me go through a load of stuff here have a look at the Thread, I've provided a link below, maybe it'll help you!

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3891787?tstart=0

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 4 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
264 posts

Sep 11, 2011

Try:

-Disabling Firewalls on Router

-Ensure you have the latest Firmware Update for your router

-Creating a Static IP for your PS3 and setting up a DMZ for it on your router

See if those work.  Since your IP is timing out then obviously it's having issues communicating with the router.  Disabling the Firewall on the router should help.  If that doesn't help try updating your FW on your router.  If it doesn't help, then the DMZ and Static IP will ensure that your PS3 doesn't have to obtain an IP and you should be good to go.  If NONE of those works, it doesn't sound like a PS3 issue, it sounds like a router/provider issue.

Message 3 of 4 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Sep 17, 2011

hey buddy i am having the same issue hear. its on sonys end. i have multiple accounts on my ps3 with psn accounts and all of them work exept my main account with is this one i am using now. its either the update or the new terms and conditions they put up that messed things up.  also my netflix wont work anymore and i tried to use it on the other accounts but it wont let me log in to netfix but psn would work. so lets hope sony fixes this issue.

Message 4 of 4 (271 Views)
0 Likes