Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 05 2011
By: okaynowwhat Hekseville Citizen 261 posts

Can't log-on with 2nd account

7 replies 524 views Edited Dec 5, 2011

New account created but I cannot login into this community .... I get this message ...   

Your Sony Entertainment Network account requires additional information to access the PlayStation®Network. Please go to Sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/account/ and update your account, then try again.

I've checked my account info at  https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/pc/login.action (account details) and there are no empty fields for me to complete.

Any suggestions?

tia  ok

0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7785 posts

Re: Can't log-on with 2nd account

Dec 5, 2011

Have you checked your e-mail inbox for e-mails needed to activate your account?

Message 2 of 8 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Yea bud ... in fact the 2nd PSN account was activated thru the email account ... i thought i was in business at that point ... but got above msg instead (sigh!)

I hope Sony doesn't want any credit card info .... because I will never provide it to them.

0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29681 posts

Dec 6, 2011

okaynowwhat wrote:

Yea bud ... in fact the 2nd PSN account was activated thru the email account ... i thought i was in business at that point ... but got above msg instead (sigh!)

I hope Sony doesn't want any credit card info .... because I will never provide it to them.

They don't, & although I understand you're frustrated with this issue you currently have, that was a silly comment to make.

Message 4 of 8 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Dec 6, 2011

Dunno if you're a mod brit, and I do apologize if my remark was off the mark.

But after two PS3 fails, and some suspicious activity involving my CC shortly after Sony was hacked this past spring, I'm little more prone to making comments like that now a days.

Any suggestions to overcome the login issue appreciated

ok

0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29681 posts

Dec 6, 2011

okaynowwhat wrote:

Dunno if you're a mod brit, and I do apologize if my remark was off the mark.

But after two PS3 fails, and some suspicious activity involving my CC shortly after Sony was hacked this past spring, I'm little more prone to making comments like that now a days.

Any suggestions to overcome the login issue appreciated

ok

Lol, no I'm not a "MOD", & I'm sorry if I came across a little harsh, I just thought the comment was unwarranted & out of context with your actual question that's all, my apologies to you.

Everyone is, & in my opinion should be more proactive in making sure their credit card information is kept safe, & after Sony's "issues" earlier this year I don't blame people for being wary, I suppose I see it this way, if you have said exactly what you had said but at the end of it put a or a then i would never have made the comment I did, understand?

Message 6 of 8 (524 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Dec 6, 2011

Thanks for setting me straight B ....

http://medchecker.com/signs/comic-strip/center.aspx?tag=December+6%2C+2011&text=Situation+Resolved+then%3F&text2=I%27ll+shake+on+that&cartoon=hand-shake-smiley-faces_&timer=1549&move=&move2=&mover=&mover2=&font=comic&color=black&fontsize=12&allow=26490&title=SIMPLE+MISUNDERSTANDING

Think I'll have to call 1-800-345-SONY to resolve my login issue.

Hopefully, they can help.

ok

0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 12, 2012

I have had this same problem, but I think I found a solution.

Go here: Sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/account/ (same link as in the original message), and click "Devices" along the top of the page. Next click "PlayStation® Systems", and directly below the large picture of a PS3 ther should be a gray box saying your account is not up to date. Click the button beside the text (I believe it says "update"), and fill in the information. My guess is that you are missing the security question. You do not need to put in credit card/billing information if you do not want to.

Message 8 of 8 (524 Views)
0 Likes