Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 22 2013
By: tim8629 First Son 7 posts

Can't get a user ID I want, ever though nobody seems to have it.

1 replies 145 views Edited Jun 22, 2013

I was trying to set up a new user ID with a different email, but I keep getting a message telling me that the ID I am trying to get is invalid.  I met the requirements of starting with a letter and having at least 3 characters (the one I wanted was 6).  

When I attempted to send a friend request to the user ID I wanted, to check and see if the user ID had already been taken, I got a message that "the ID had not been registered".  If that is the case, then why can't I get it?

So then, I tried with adding an extra letter (x) to the beginning and end of the user ID, and I was told that I couldn't get this one because it was already taken.  Once again, I tried to send a friend request and was told that "the online ID had not been registered".

How can someone set up a user ID and not have it registered?  And if nobody has it, then why can't I get it?

Message 1 of 2 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
15439 posts

Re: Can't get a user ID I want, ever though nobody seems to have it.

Jun 22, 2013

There are many online ids that Sony has reserved because it doesn't want anyone to use them, for various legal, or technical, reasons.  If PSN says that you can't use an id, then you can't use it.  It doesn't matter what the reason is.  You are not entitled to use any id that isn't already in use.  You can only use the ids that Sony chooses to let you use.

GKP
Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)
0 Likes