Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
5 posts

Re: Can't connect to Playstation Network with my Playstation 3

Apr 19, 2011

< > < > Good news! They are experiencing a regional server outage - I called support and while I was on the phone, everything went back to normal (well, I did turn it off and then back on again) - but all is well. They collected my ISP provider name and the State I live in (sounds like just a section or two is affected).

I recommend waiting a while and then try logging back in - mine was immediate when it came back. < / > < / >

Message 11 of 25 (2,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 19, 2011

See post 10 please - I spoke with Robert in support and they are experiencing a regional server issue. It affects logging in via the consoles - computer access is a different server farm so that is not affected and explains why we can get in that way.

Mine is back now - you may want to try again.

Message 12 of 25 (2,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 19, 2011

I just restarted my computer and tried to connect again and I still can't. I will try again tomorrow.

Message 13 of 25 (2,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 19, 2011

Schenectady, NY with the same problem, Playstation is also telling me their server is down, for three days now .

You should know, they also told me the quickest way to know if it's a problem on their end and not yours, is if you have the ability to open your PS3 web browser  and view Facebook, Utube, on your PS3  all is fine on your end . They are down, all you'll need now  is some patience. Take some solace in knowing your not the only victim out here. I couldn't believe your e-mail ...  exactly what i was doing and thinking for the last now being four days, we'll try again tomorrow and see if they're up and running .

Hope this has helped.

Archangel452108

Message 14 of 25 (2,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 20, 2011

Whats up guys. I am having the same problem right now, at this very moment. It's 11:29 PM on April 19, 2011 (just in case they are reading this. They = sony). It was JUST connected and now disconnected and i am continuing to try and connect and it will not let me. Now I am not able to connect to Netflix or to sign into the PS Store. Fucking lame considering i was going to buy Mass Effect 2. Can anyone tell me what is going on here? I live in Elmwood Park, NJ in Bergen County (county right by NYC).

Message 15 of 25 (2,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 20, 2011

Still not working in Bay Area, CA

Message 16 of 25 (2,406 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Apr 21, 2011

OH MY GOD!! guys dont you read sony's info? Sony will fix for you a day  mean dont use the ps3 for 24hr. you have to wait till 24hr. Sony will back to you no time. There nothing wrong your ps3.,...ps3 not fault. it's sony's

Message 17 of 25 (2,406 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4029 posts

Apr 21, 2011

Hey guys, we are working to resolve this issue, please see Gopher's message here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/31072065#31072065

Also keep an eye on the blog for updates!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

-SP

Message 18 of 25 (2,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 24, 2012

I was getting error 80017092 something like that.  It kept switching between that and several other similar error codes.  I discovered that going into my router settings (type 192.168.1.1 in url)  I found an advanced settings - "more advanced settings" link  that took me to a spot that had several fields.  The one that fixed my situation was the "BEACON INTERVAL  (TIM)"   By default it's set to 100.  After researching the field I found that it describes the frequency of checking packets.  By default it's at 100,   people in high traffic areas (apartment complexes, etc...)  should lower this number.  I set mine to 25.  This increases the frequency of this check.  Immidiately fixed my psn talking with my wireless network. 

Message 19 of 25 (2,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 9, 2012

What I did after pulling my hair out looking for answers on the net was...Turn off playstation 3 then unplug my d-link router for 10 seconds and turn off my modem for 10 seconds then plugged in my router and turned on my modem and walla!!! It worked! I could finally obtain ip address again and set my ps3 internet back to working order. Man ! hope this works for everyone. This is for wired connection. Don't know if this will work for wireless but give it a try and see. Good luck!!

Message 20 of 25 (2,362 Views)
0 Likes