Highlighted
Dec 24 2011
By: Someaznboy First Son 2 posts

Can't connect to PSN for a strange reason!

3 replies 53 views Edited Dec 24, 2011

Hey guys, I just logged in today and I can't seem to connect to PSN. I re-ran my connection and it says it's not connected to my wireless router. I tried to redo the settings to connect to the router and when I came across the WPA Key, I inputted my 9 digit WPA key but, for some reason, it only shows up as 8 digits after I enter it. How do I fix this? Please help!

Message 1 of 4 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Can't connect to PSN for a strange reason!

Dec 24, 2011

I use a linksys WRT54G2 router. It's on 95%+ signal strength. Would more than one connected to my router conflict with it?

Message 2 of 4 (53 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Dec 24, 2011

Someaznboy wrote:

Hey guys, I just logged in today and I can't seem to connect to PSN. I re-ran my connection and it says it's not connected to my wireless router. I tried to redo the settings to connect to the router and when I came across the WPA Key, I inputted my 9 digit WPA key but, for some reason, it only shows up as 8 digits after I enter it. How do I fix this? Please help!

What do you mean by this? The PS3 only accepts 8 characters? If that's the case I guess you have to change the password on your router to 8 characters.

Message 3 of 4 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 24, 2011

I think it just displays eight characters.  I could be wrong, however, since it's taking a while to bring stuff up on the browser.  I'm having the same issue with the Network.

Message 4 of 4 (53 Views)