Aug 30 2012
By: xPyroMatt Splicer 48 posts

Can't add funds to my wallet

22 replies 10775 views Edited Aug 30, 2012

I've been getting error 80023102 every time, and it's really confusing me.  I just added funds a couple days ago, then started getting these errors out of the clear blue.  Customer Support couldn't help me, and I know all my info and everything is correct, because nothing has changed since I just added funds the other day.  I can't see any reason this is happening other than it being something with the PSN.

Message 1 of 23 (10,775 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Can't add funds to my wallet

Aug 30, 2012

I have that error too. It worked once for me. Then i tried again and it failed again and again. Then i tried another card, and it failed again and again. No problem with either cards, called the credit card company. Come on sony.

Message 2 of 23 (10,772 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Aug 30, 2012
Having the same exact problem. I've called Sony 3 times, I've called my bank, I've tried 3 different cards. If this isn't sorted out shortly I'll be selling my Vita for. 3DS XL when I get home. I live my Vita. I own like $500 worth of PSN content. Suddenly I can't be a customer. Fix this or I'll become an ex-Customer. Not sure you can afford this right now.
Message 3 of 23 (10,763 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Aug 30, 2012

I'm trying to redeem a God of War game code, and I'm getting the same error.  Tried to redeem through my PS3, PSP, and the Media Go software.  Very annoying.

Message 4 of 23 (10,753 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 31, 2012

I want to buy madden 13 and i keep getting the unable to add funds error, i tried my bank debit card and a credit card.

Message 5 of 23 (10,731 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Has to be the worst business model in history.. Here I am, wanting to give my money to sony.. and their online store is such a **bleep** that it cant take it.

Bought counterstrike last weekend, no problem.. now have wanted to buy Madden for the last couple days and cant do it. Cant add any amount of funds to the wallet either.

Message 6 of 23 (10,710 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

Sep 1, 2012
How mush Funds did y put ?
The Maxium funds is 150$ y cant put more than it
Message 7 of 23 (10,702 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Same problem. When I called customer support, they said it was a PSN problem and that I should try later. It's been 2 days and I still can't purchase.  
This problem appears to affect Canadians the most. 
If it starts working again for any of you, please let us know. 

Message 8 of 23 (10,697 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Same problem here, Purchased counterstrike a few days ago and now recieving the error message unable to add funds and playstation error 80023102. I have tried adding all different amounts, I have tried debit and credit cards and all of my billing info is correct. I even tried to make a new user name and still no luck. Most frustrating thing ever,I even went to the extent of purchasing a PSN card from Gamestop.com which was supposed to provide me with an instant code...24 hours later and no code. I suggest people having this problem go to the store and buy the card because it seems like playstation is not correcting this issue.

Message 9 of 23 (10,682 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Sep 2, 2012

I have been having this problem for 3 weeks now. Got one of those playstation visa cards advertised on THEIR site. that won't work either. Called capital One- the people that issue the card. Verified ALL BILLING INFO EXACT. They said they could see on their system that i tried to use the card at sony and they (cap one ) verified the info and approved the purchase and sent it back to sony's system to complete the transaction. NO LUCK. for some reason sony cannot process the purchase. The guy at CAPITAL ONE did a 3 way call with me and sony to try and figure it out. Sony told him the same crap- sony knows it happens, no idea why it happens, don't if it will or can be fixed, and that i may have to buy psn cards forever. I have tried visa , mastercard and discover cards. tried on the ps3 console AND on the computer website. I have 7 different user names all with playstation plus memberships. I can't fund any of them. 

Message 10 of 23 (10,664 Views)
0 Likes