Dec 13 2013
By: RachelElisabeth7 First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

Can't add any credit or debit cards to my billing information or wallet.

5 replies 9194 views Edited Dec 13, 2013

Hello,

Every feature and service I want on ps3 requires money and that's fine with me, but now it won't take my money. I was only able to purchase a game with a PayPal account a week ago. Which is a hassle because paypal takes their cut every time I put money in. This is really inconvenient. I don't like spending pennies I don't need to spend. I can't pay for any subscriptions, games, etc. with any of my credit cards, bank cards, or my business bank card. I mean I did EVERYTHING right. Not just was my information identical to the information on my PSN. I typed in each one correctly. I waited a week and even tried different cards and they all said the same thing: The card information is invalid. Please check your entries closely. I need to know that playstation network's tech support is working on this, because it's been almost two weeks and it's still not accepting any card information. Money is obviously not the problem. What good is a PS3 with none of the games and features I want? I'm scared if I get the PS4 and give this to my brother it will do the same thing. BECAUSE the issue is with the PS Network not the system. I know because I logged in PSN on my laptop and tried to do the same thing and it gave me the same message every time.

Please help me somebody...I just wanna enjoy my PS3. :-(
[I have read the forums and I know it's not just me....]

I hope they do something about this soon. :-( This is so depressing..... I will call them tomorrow.

Message 1 of 6 (9,194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
341 posts

Re: Can't add any credit or debit cards to my billing information or wallet.

Dec 13, 2013

Hello, Rachel. 

Make sure your billing address is the exact same as how it appears on your card's statement. Also, you can try and add your payment methods via the SEN, website. It may be a little easier to navigate and add things.

This can be viewed here Add Billing Info.

Message 2 of 6 (9,182 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13560 posts

Dec 13, 2013

You can always use whatever credit card you choose to purchase prepaid PSN cards and then use them to fund your wallet.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 6 (9,177 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Dec 16, 2013

I just wanted to say for anybody having trouble added CC to your PS4 mine would not work at all even though every detail was spot on i had to add my Credit card via PSN website, rebooted PS4 and it can see it fine. There is an issue i think on the PS4 where the PSN website is not affected.

Message 4 of 6 (9,142 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 27, 2014
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever get this sorted?
Message 5 of 6 (8,166 Views)
0 Likes
Jeo
First Son
6 posts

May 16, 2015

Support is useless on this.  I've been dealing with this for well over a year and despite numerous calls, they never do anything other than say "Did you make sure your address is correc?"

Message 6 of 6 (3,166 Views)
0 Likes