Jul 10 2012
By: Windxtravelerx First Son 5 posts

Can't Play Online Anymore?

5 replies 2502 views Edited Jul 10, 2012

So here's the thing:

Since last Wednesday i'm experiencing a really weird problem with my PS3, or to be more precise, the PSN.

I can log in into my PSN account; i can access the PS Store and download my games from there; access the internet...any of these things with no problems at all. But i can't play any of my games online. None of them.

Like i said, it started last Wednesday. I was playing Battlefield:BC2 online without any problems. 3-4 hours later i decided to play Uncharted 3 online but to my surprise i couldn't even acces the game's main lobby. Instead i received a bunch of error messages like "Cannot connect to servers. Failed to sync levels" or "Failed authentication" or "failed to get ticket"(?) and a least one or two other messages that doesn't make any sense to me...at all. Everytime that i try to connect to the U3 servers i receive one of these messages.

Anyway, i tried the same thing with the U2 game and i had no luck. Then i tried to play Killzone 2...couldn't play online either. Then i tried Red Dead Redemption...the same thing. So, as you can see, i can't play any of my games online now.

Don't know what happened. I'm only able to play online now if i connect my modem directly into my PS3, otherwise i can't play anything. But i own a wireless router from TP-Link and i'm using it for more than 2 years now and i never had any problems with it at all. Since there are 2 PCs in my house i can't just disconnect the router to play online whenever i want.

Other important things to note are:

- Sometimes i can connect and play online, only to be removed from the game in less than 2 minutes. Sometimes i can play 2 or 3 different games online without any problems, but if try to play it again some time later i'll not be able to connect again. It's almost like the console decides whether i'm allowed to play X game online or not lol.

- The guy from support told me to open some specific ports of my router to allow my console to connect with the games' servers. I tried to do that but i had no success. Althought i have to admit that port-fowarding is not something that i know how to do quite well. Maybe i'm not doing right? Also the guy told me to put the IP address of my game onto the DMZ area, but it didn't work either. Because in order to do that i have to disable the DHCP, but if i disable the DHCP i can't even log in into my PSN account...

So...that's it. What more can i say? Help!!!

Anyone else is having trouble playing online too? Why this started to happen to me so suddenly?

Message 1 of 6 (2,502 Views)
Platinum
54792 posts

Re: Can't Play Online Anymore?

Jul 11, 2012

Can you do me a favor and check your junk mail/spam folder on the email account you signed up your PSN account with and see if you have any emails from sony?

i'm not trying to freak you out but it sounds as if your account may be locked out from online gaming for some reason, if this happened sony will email you telling you about it.

Message 2 of 6 (2,481 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
5 posts

Jul 11, 2012
Hey, PLYMCO. Sorry that it took so long for me to reply you. Fortunately i managed to solve my problem. The issue was indeed the router that was blocking some ports that games from PS3 use to get me online. Fortunately i found a video that taught me how to do a port-forward on my router to open those ports. Now i'm able to play my games again online. I don't know how this happened, since i didn't change any configuration of my router, but that doesn't matter anymore. Fortunately almost all the games that i own use the same ports. Anyway, i'm glad that everything was fixed and now i can go back playing Online again. Thanks for your help and message. Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 6 (2,474 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 22, 2013

Hi, I was wondering what video you used and how you did it? I'm having the same problems and I'm kind of afraid to mess up my internet

Message 4 of 6 (1,042 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 14, 2014

Same here...

Message 5 of 6 (589 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
5208 posts