Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 04 2012
By: jflowa First Son 8 posts

Can't Cancel The Laugh Factory Live Beta Subscription!!!!

4 replies 12426 views Edited Oct 4, 2012

I have follow the instructions to cancel this subscription through my PS3 or the SEN webpage and i found out that theres no way to cancel it.  If someone knows how to do it, please tell me cause i dont want to pay this service after december 4. 

Message 1 of 5 (12,426 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Can't Cancel The Laugh Factory Live Beta Subscription!!!!

Nov 21, 2012

i can't figure out a way either.  i just deleted the app, but it still appears on my services list under account management ----> transaction management.  i called and the guy told me to go into services and unsubscribe from there, but i don't see an option for it.  weird.  i'm gonna email support and try to figure this out. 

-rich

Message 2 of 5 (12,360 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out a way to cancel my subscription over the past week too.  Guess there's no option but to call support later today.

Currently Playing: "Destroy All Humans 2 (PS2)" & "Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PSP)"
Currently Reading: "BioShock: Breaking the Mold - Developer's Ed. Artbook"
Message 3 of 5 (12,341 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Nov 26, 2012

Has anyone found a solution for this.  Sony support is of no help and there doesn't seem to be an option in account management ro remove the subscription.

Message 4 of 5 (12,334 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Okay, so I've called PlayStation support.  Before I get into that I'll relate what I've already tried:

1. I tried navigating Account Management via my PS3 to NO success.
  2. I tried navigating my Media Services list via my SEN account on PC to NO success.
  3. I tried to see if I could cancel Laugh Factory Live from within the app itself to NO success.
  4. I scoured the PlayStation Support Forums to NO success.
  5. I e-mail PlayStation support to NO success as they only suggested what I already tried (and I told them I had already tried these things in the original support e-mail, which makes me think they didn't actually read the entire e-mail, which personally infuriates me after a 48 hour wait period).

So now lets get to the phone call I made to PlayStation Support I made this evening.  They told me to try the same things I tried before.  They walked me through the same thing I did before on SEN to NO success.  Then they walked me through the same thing I did on my PS3 to NO success. They also told me they had never heard of this problem before, bah.  They also said that they hadn't read through the Support Forums for this issue.  I surmise this means that Phone Support is a different team than Forum Support, fair enough, but I wish SOMEONE could give me a real answer.  Finally, they took my info in case I needed to call back later.  They said they wish they could help me but there's currently NOTHING they can do on their end.  Their best advice follows:

1. Remove your credit / debit info from your account a day before the charge is supposed to occur.
  2. HOPE & PRAY your account ISN'T charged. [No, I'm not making this up].
  3. Re-add your credit / debit info a day after the charge is supposed to occur.
  4. If you get charged, phone PlayStation Support again to have them process a refund since I already called and they have it on record that I do not wish to be charged for the service.

So it looks like that's PlayStation's best answer for this issue: HOPE & PRAY.  I hope that works for us, for all our sakes.  I, along with everyone else researching this issue do not want to be charged.  PlayStation also has this as a real issue, because if this app does charge people WITHOUT the ability to cancel their trial subscription not only will PlayStation be looking at a handful of refunds but possibly some lawsuits as it is illegal in some states for a company to offer an online subscription service without the ability to cancel said subscription online.

Right now the only reason I can imagine none of us are able to cancel is because we won't be charged come December 4th.  Perhaps on that day we'll be given an option to pay or just be cut-off from the service.  If we opt not to pay then we won't be charged.  However, this is just a logically deduced guess and not a fact.  Once Tuesday hits I'll post more info.  To everyone else out there wanting not to be charged, remember, HOPE & PRAY. :manfrustrated:

Currently Playing: "Destroy All Humans 2 (PS2)" & "Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite (PSP)"
Currently Reading: "BioShock: Breaking the Mold - Developer's Ed. Artbook"
Message 5 of 5 (12,314 Views)